Bollox'd Up A Spray

Chicky

You're supposed to strip it before you spray you lemon

If its already painted then theres absolutely no need to strip it before painting it. You only need to primer it if its bare metal. If its already painted then all it needs is a good scotch briteing to give the surface a key.

If its already painted then theres absolutely no need to strip it before painting it.  You only need to primer it if its bare metal.  If its already painted then all it needs is a good scotch briteing to give the surface a key.

Bah well, I'm just typing info I've read, just tryna be more helpful (Y)

to be honest serves you right for trying to spray it pink.

I dont like it when people try to spray there bikes pink, because some people do it so they can post it on here and people can laugh and call it pimp and get attention and say things like omfw!1! i just sex wee'd on it etc. to be honest it just looks gay unless your a female

Not saying your one of these people but its my opinion on such matters :-

Using some cheapy paint stripper, is working a treat. f**king hurts when in contact with skin (this dummy forgot to wear gloves first time round) but seems to be making a difference. I've got pink and white paint everywhere... tyres, brakes, grips. And a few patches of nice silver bike. I'm leaving the stripper on it for about 15 minutes to see what happens but i do seem to be getting in quite a mess.

Oh and i've almost ran out of paint stripper.

and i'm feeling high as a kite.

Using some cheapy paint stripper, is working a treat. f**king hurts when in contact with skin (this dummy forgot to wear gloves first time round) but seems to be making a difference. I've got pink and white paint everywhere... tyres, brakes, grips. And a few patches of nice silver bike. I'm leaving the stripper on it for about 15 minutes to see what happens but i do seem to be getting in quite a mess.

Oh and i've almost ran out of paint stripper.

and i'm feeling high as a kite.

You're supposed to take your bike apart first to avoid getting shite everywhere. :-

what? take the bike apart?

mate that takes time, if i had some of that i wouldnt have f'cked up the spray in the first place :angry:

Er, not being funny, but if you don't have the time, (all of 60 minutes) to take apart your frame to spray it properly, then don't even bother.

Spraying takes time, or you will f**k it up, as you've proven.

I seriously can't believe you've tried to spray your bike when its still together. (Y)

what? take the bike apart?

mate that takes time, if i had some of that i wouldnt have f'cked up the spray in the first place :angry:

So now it's taken you even loger and you haven't got anywhere. The irony of it all.

Pink = Sad. I can't stand the whole quirky pink thing. Men in pink t-shirts with pink shoelaces on pink bikes just look gay. It is NOT some kind of ironic masculinity statement.

Anyway, just polish your frame up. It is aluminium, right? same advice as for the painting TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT PROPERLY or don't bother at all.

Er, not being funny, but if you don't have the time, (all of 60 minutes) to take apart your frame to spray it properly, then don't even bother.

Spraying takes time, or you will f**k it up, as you've proven.

I seriously can't believe you've tried to spray your bike when its still together. :D

I took it apart to spray it but not to use the paint stripper.

Also thanks for the advice everyone!