Gta San Andreas

PaRtZ

Hi heres my biggest drop so far:

gallery_6800_896_1786.jpg

Haha you fell for it fools <_< :unsure: See my lovely graphics card's ability on the edge of the building....

OK there is a point to this. GTA is really jumpy on my pc. Ive tried all the ingame settings and its still the same. Ive got a *reads meaningless spec*

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra graphics card

150gb memory (no really i have)

2.1 ghz processor and

1 gb of ram

Is my only option to get a better graphics card

what and spend an extra £15 on each game? you can buy a decent ati 9800

for 100 notes these days - do the math!

you can pick up an xbox for £60 easy these days and say £10 for GTA, why £15 PER game? he only wants to play San Andreas.

Probably better graphics, framerate and gameplay too.

PC's suck for any game thats not multiplayer.

EDIT: oh and its MATHS, 'math' is a stupid americanism.

Edited by RicH_87

you can pick up an xbox for £60 easy these days and say £10 for GTA, why £15 PER game? he only wants to play San Andreas.

Probably better graphics, framerate and gameplay too.

PC's suck for any game thats not multiplayer.

EDIT: oh and its MATHS, 'math' is a stupid americanism.

Second Hand maybe and thats out of date next month!

I disagree with consoles per se, it's a false economy. Everyone needs a PC for email, documents vid editing etc. For an extra few notes you can make your PC into a gaming machine. You can play games such a RCT3 and a myriad of others using a mouse or keyboard or buy a controller (which I have) and play San Andreas. Also updates, patches and hacks are available to PC users (which note consoles are attempting to emulate) along with the broadest range of titles than any console could hope for. And games are more expensive - remember Microsoft are making a huge loss on every xbox sold. Oh and - what's this? - they don't play imported games or movies :blink:

£280 on a xbox 360 (don't forget the 50quid games too) - forget that buy a top of the range X800 graphics card, fit and forget until 2008 (Y) while others are whinging about how much new games are costing and their xbox isn't backward compatible 'cos they haven't got the optional hard drive.

we both know you gotta spend a lorra lorra moolah if you want a pc that can seriously play pc games to the same standard as any of the next gen consoles and still be future safe for any length of time. whats the point in having a half assed gaming pc when you can have a 'thouroughbread' xbox?

There is a lot more to pc gaming than a monster graphics card.

don't get me wrong, i used to play pc games all the time, simply because console's weren't online just then. I played Midtown madness, CS and wolfenstein to death on my shitty 800mhz pc with a 56k modem and 128mb ram, however pc gaming moved on and I couldn't keep up with it, spending a lot of cash on replacing perfectly good components just becasue they were out of date to play the next level of graphics is insane.

An xbox will last and last, no need to upgrade, tweek, modify. Just buy any game and it plays at the same high quality no matter what. And nowadays with the easy online access and very user friendly set up it just makes no sense to play games on a PC.

As it happens i've pre ordered an xbox 360, even though i haven't played any video game for at least 6 months. To get a pc that can match the the xbox 360 (juding by what i've managed to see so far) you're gonna be spending thrice the amount.

PC gaming has come on so far that I seriously can't belive you can spend a couple of hundred quid, and then sit tight for 4 or 5 years. you WILL need to upgrade and it IS going to cost a lot.

for me, nowadays consoles are for gaming, PC's are for everything else.

sorry about off topicness.

PC gaming has come on so far that I seriously can't belive you can spend a couple of hundred quid, and then sit tight for 4 or 5 years. you WILL need to upgrade and it IS going to cost a lot.

Yeah, PC gaming is so much more expensive. A decent spec PC for gaming these days will cost you around a grand, and I bet that will be redundant way before the Xbox 360 is.

Yeah, PC gaming is so much more expensive.  A decent spec PC for gaming these days will cost you around a grand, and I bet that will be redundant way before the Xbox 360 is.

It'll take a long time for PCs to catch upto the mega quality of either the XBox 360 and PS3. I reckon 2 years before we're even close, and about 10 years before you can get the same PC components at the price the XBox 360 is when it comes out. A computer running games like that for <£300 :- My arse.