Neil Tunnecliff

deadly venom

I just watched one of the older Zoo videos featuring Neil Tunnecliffe for the first time and I was blown away!! Talk about a hard rider. I was shocked that the bike he was riding held up after that much abuse!! In a previous thread I posted I questioned others about the strength of the Pitbull. Well I am asking again, can the Zoo Pitbull frame take that much abuse on a regular basis? I have seen steel BMX frames break under less stress. Can the BT Ravens take that much abuse to?

Keep riding,

Deadly Venom

Edited by deadly venom

Hobnobs,

Thank you for the reply. At first I was apprehensive about buying a trials bike because they were made of aluminium. But If the Pitbull and the BT Raven can take that much abuse I don't think I have anything to worry about.

Partz,

The Python is the 20 inch mod version of the Pitbull. It appears to have the same basic design as the pitbull, just smaller. I hope this helps.

Keep rolling,

Deadly venom

"Built like a brick shit house", Thats quite a testament. I have read trials riders posts saying that the Pitbull is a bit heavy. At 4.4 pounds I can't see calling the Pitbull heavy. I would like my flatland bike to be that light.

It is very difficult to choose a frame. In BMX a great deal of the frames are pretty much the same. Sometimes the only difference is the color or quality. A good example would be the Proper dolomite and the Fly simple. Both of these frames are basically the same.

I just watched one of the older Zoo videos featuring Neil Tunnecliffe for the first time and I was blown away!! Talk about a hard rider. I was shocked that the bike he was riding held up after that much abuse!! In a previous thread I posted I questioned others about the strength of the Pitbull. Well I am asking again, can the Zoo Pitbull frame take that much abuse on a regular basis? I have seen steel BMX frames break under less stress. Can the BT Ravens take that much abuse to?

Keep riding,

Deadly Venom

zoo's are strong

but as i have heard the 05 pitbull and (python i think) have cracked on the brake mount

the 04's didn't and there not really much differece (Y)

zoo's are strong

but as i have heard the 05 pitbull and (python i think) have cracked on the brake mount

the 04's didn't and there not really much differece (Y)

Only 2 pitbull's and one python have cracked there, and they was both confirmed manufacturers defects, so no need to worry about that.

There strong, you won't be breaking one in a hurry.

If only two or even three broke that is still an excellent record. If the frames that cracked were only the defective ones and if not many defective ones were produced then I don't think anyone could hold anything against Zoo bikes. I think I am just being paranoid about the strength of both the BT and Zoo frames.

Crazy Gap girl,

You said you heard that two 05 Pitbulls and one Python cracked at the brake mounts. Can you confirm that this is true or is this just hear say? And what about the 06 models?

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

If only two or even three broke that is still an excellent record. If the frames that cracked were only the defective ones and if not many defective ones were produced then I don't think anyone could hold anything against Zoo bikes. I think I am just being paranoid about the strength of both the BT and Zoo frames.

Crazy Gap girl,

You said you heard that two 05 Pitbulls and one Python cracked at the brake mounts. Can you confirm that this is true or is this just hear say? And what about the 06 models?

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

i didn't say two..just that the modle 05 pitbull as iv heard as cracked there

not sure about the 06 as not many people have them

but as meny other bike companies will test their proto frames..

again as iv heard zoo don't (Y)

Piki,

You have made a very good point. There may be quite a few people that have purchased the Pitbull and have experienced breakage at some point that we have not heard about. I did not think of that.

Crazy gap girl,

I hope that Zoo not testing their Prototype frames is just a rumor. Because that would be very dangerous for both them and their consumers.

Don't stop riding,

Deadly Venom

You have made a very good point. There may be quite a few people that have purchased the Pitbull and have experienced breakage at some point that we have

Mines a third hand Python '04 early model, I ride it hard, other before me looked to ride it hard :- But I still see no signs whatsoever of breaking, they are pretty indestructible frames if you ride one and like the feel and have the cash theres NO reason not to get one.

Olly