Did Anyone Remember What Day It Is?

hazzyhaslam

1% of americas defence budget would clear world debt, the whole reason these 3rd world countries are still 3rd world is due to the super powers keeping it that way in their own interest, infact, i'm not even going to waste my time on you trying to explain to someone with the mental age of an 8 year old.

I think it was JFK who said something like "We now have the means to wipe out poverty in the world. We just need the will."

RIP to all those you died.

Except i agree with alexx's point really. I don't care about the people who died in the world trade more than who dies in africa from starvation, from innocent people in the middle east dying from carbombs etc. Just because theyre rich doesnt make me care more. But still, its sad...

After 11/09 as we should be calling it, George Bush decided to go to war against Afghanistan and Iraq for "harboring terrorists" and having weapons of mass destruction. After hurricane Katrina, are we going to see a war against Michael Fish? Suppose it depends on how much 3 in 1 oil he has in his shed.

As for the London bombings. Very tragic I agree, yet in Iraq they have this sort of thing day in and day out, and we give more press coverage to cats getting stuck in trees.

Edited by steve sturt

So what?!  You care that much do you?! sell your twin monitor computer and the rest of your possesions and go and volunteer then...

Oh, it might compromise the comfort of you rcurrent standard of living. Yet you still feel the need to tell everyone ellse where they're wrong. GOBSHITE.

THE MORE WE FEED THE MORE THEY BREED.

Did I say I cared?

I see it on the news, it happens, I get on with my life, it doesn't affect me. end. I'm not changing anything.

You seem to have grasped the wrong end of the stick all together

The point i was making is why is everyone so hyped up about Sept 11th, why do people care? In the scale of things, it ammount to very little. Why should I personally care any more about the people who died on Sept 11th than the people who starve to death any day, neither are issues to me.

Also, who did I say was wrong?

Make sure you read what people are saying before you blast off on one.

He never said he cared Danny. I think he was just making a (very valid) point. Millions of people die all over the world. It sucks, but it can't be helped.

I, for one, was not really affected. I knew nobody who was there, so didn't really care. Yeah, it shocked me...big time, but it didn't really affect me as such.

Yeah, exactly the point I was putting across.

big deal , some people got killed . they are just dwelling on it ,

shit happens , move on

Some People who happen to be hundreds of peoples loved ones..... Yeah poverty is a big deal in Africa, but to be honest if they didnt keep having kids it could be sorted out. No-one decided to kill these people for the good of their religion. This was terrorism, thats why people care....

Some People who happen to be hundreds of peoples loved ones..... Yeah poverty is a big deal in Africa, but to be honest if they didnt keep having kids it could be sorted out. No-one decided to kill these people for the good of their religion. This was terrorism, thats why people care....

I got the shit f**ked out of my by Alexx for saying that. I'm sure nothing will be said though. You are not a figure of hatred. <_<

I got the shit f**ked out of my by Alexx for saying that. I'm sure nothing will be said though. You are not a figure of hatred. :ermm:

Lol, i didnt read. Only read dahnilllalalalas post. Meh, great minds think alike... <_< I dont care if people have a go at me, im aloud an opinion as much as them :unsure:

I got the shit f**ked out of my by Alexx for saying that. I'm sure nothing will be said though. You are not a figure of hatred. <_<

No I got pissed at you for one singular comment; that people in poverty can't be helped.

That doesn't mean I have to jump up and go out to work for an aid agnecy, I just can't belive that anyone can have such a small understanding about world poverty.

No I got pissed at you for one singular comment; that people in poverty can't be helped.

That doesn't mean I have to jump up and go out to work for an aid agnecy, I just can't belive that anyone can have such a small understanding about world poverty.

I dont think we do. I think Poverty can be helped if they stop having kids! They are all dying from disease and hunger dont you think that is a sign that they should stop having f******g kids and let the country develop??

I didn't mean they can't be helped, I meant as no person is behind it, it cannot be stopped as easily, I apologise for coming across the wrong way. I meant that one person ordered the terrorist attacks, whereas no-one ordered famine, starvation, AIDs on Africa did they?

I dont think we do. I think Poverty can be helped if they stop having kids! They are all dying from disease and hunger dont you think that is a sign that they should stop having f******g kids and let the country develop??

You have considered the fact they might not want to have kids right?

Out there the government/religion prohibits thewm from using "protection" which is f**king stupid and is not helping the thousands of people which die everyday.

A lot of time the women are raped so dont have a say in the matter.

The dirty fanny that rapes the woman will probably already have aids from doing it before so passes it on to the woman, whio in turn passes it on to here kids unless the guys a jaffa. Where as she would have no kids but srtill aids.

You really think theyd want to bring their children into aids with a lifespan of like <20 years and starvation etc until they die from something else?

i thing we should distribute millions of johnnies out there randomly scattered all over the show and at least half or them would be found by the people who need them and could easily save a few lives. and birth control pills, would have to be stealthy though :-"

The difference between the twin towers and third world poverty is the sudden and unexpectedness of it. We expect people to ide in places where there isnt enough food. We dont expect people to die at work in their office by being crashed into by a plane. It makes people scared because it changes something about everyones attitude that they are protected and unharmable by outside forces, especially since American's seem to be rather naive about the rest of the world.

The third world poverty, however, is not caused by one, sudden problem. It is a hugemix of problems, ranging from birth control problems, to lack of work, to bad leadership. To do something about it means more than giving enough moeny to wipe out the debt, because the 1% of the rich people in the third world do not spend the money given on the debt, they spend it on themselves. So the only way to stop the poverty is to replace the heads of state.

But look what happened last time we did that (Gulf war, Saddam Hussein... leading on to the whole terrorist thing)

There is no singular person or body of persons that can be blamed, and so therefore, the media does not take as much interest in it. Not any more, anyway.

After 11/09 as we should be calling it, George Bush decided to go to war against Afghanistan and Iraq for "harboring terrorists" and having weapons of mass destruction. After hurricane Katrina, are we going to see a war against Michael Fish? Suppose it depends on how much 3 in 1 oil he has in his shed.

As for the London bombings. Very tragic I agree, yet in Iraq they have this sort of thing day in and day out, and we give more press coverage to cats getting stuck in trees.

:- (N)

Resulting in the same problems but a very boring and unpassionate world

No, he's blatantly right. We should get rid of all immigrants, and get rid of any culture which isn't our own.

Obviously, to fully do that, we'll need to get rid of our language system, our numerical system, most of the hi-tech products we have (yes, computers too), most of the cars we're driving as they're developed in other countries, we'll have to send frames back to Taiwan too 'cos they're obviously inferior 'cos they're made in a "darkie" country, and we'll probably have to get rid of >50% of our foodstuff too 'cos it's made in a different country.

Obviously :rolleyes:

Oh dear God.

Not taking geography at school?