War - Patriotism

MrMonkey

Would you Join the army in times of war?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Join the army in times of war?

• Yes, as soon as I could (Under 18)
    • Yes, as soon as I could (Over 18)
    • No, I'd wait for conscription (Under 18)
    • No, I'd wait for conscription (Over 18)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Under 18, No Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Under 18, Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Over 18, No Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Over 18, Ailment stopping you)
    • Already in the army.

No they don't. For the simple fact that asylum seekers aren't allowed to work.

News to me? In that people who have sought asylum here and gained it have been allowed to work here? Such as the influx of nurses they had in the NHS that was reported in the news a while back?

Well that just goes back to the whole law siding with the criminal thing, but don't get me started on that... seems honest hard working tax-paying citizens have the hardest time...

Yeah, no joke. That's a huge problem in this country. It sucks that people blame the police though, when it's not even their fault. We got told to log every incident from this one group of townie dickheads round here, so we did, and handed it in to the police. It got brought up in the court case for one of the boys involved in it, and the judge couldn't do anything about it because in an interview with a social worker, the boy had cried about how his parents had divorced when he was much younger and he didn't know what was right and wrong and shit like that. The whole judicial system seems to side with the people who are in the wrong <_<

Its the people who hate immigrants and are so stupid that they cant understand what they might be going through that dont deserve to live in england to be honest. Sure there are problems with immigration but theres problems in crime with british people aswell.

And in england think about the opportunities we've got - oxford/cambridge university, lots of history, not all modernised like the USA, good schools, hospitals etc. and plenty to do... like when i went on holiday to the usa we crossed the border into mexico and you could instantly see how poor it was compared to the US, and yet so many american/british people are complaining about stupid stuff that doesnt matter.

And in england think about the opportunities we've got - oxford/cambridge university, lots of history

Have you ever lived in a city? Ever been in estates where people hardly have any money at all? Where the kids don't look like they've been bathed in about a month? It's all here in this country too...

Have you ever lived in a city? Ever been in estates where people hardly have any money at all? Where the kids don't look like they've been bathed in about a month? It's all here in this country too...

No...but you're gonna get poor people in any country you go to, so you cant really complain. Englands still not a bad country.

Free healthcare's a f**king load better than having to pay for it though. Our philosophy teacher was born in Trinidad, and then lived in America for most of his life, and he was telling us about the more 'slum'like areas he lived in, and how one kid got a pretty bad cut, but he couldn't afford to have it stitched or cleaned up with any antibacterial agent or anything. It got infected, and they couldn't afford the antibiotics to treat it, and then it turned into septacemia (or whatever the f**k that blood poisoning thing is), and then they were totally f**ked.

I'd rather have to wait for a few hours in a queue of people to get treated than get totally raped for paying for operations, etc.

Oh, one last thing - I know it's hard for you all to do, but there ARE other countries in the UK apart from England, yeah? So it's not just "England this" "England that".

There are a bunch of immigrants from Poland around here who are the main problem.  They come round trying to sell 'artwork' they've painted, but are trying to scope places out.  They went to this one woman's house near here who lives more on the outskirts in a house on here own, and the Polish people drove up to the end of her drive (about 200m from here house), and the one woman got out and walked up to the door, knocked, said about how she was trying to sell her paintings (they get you to read this little card, 'cos apparently their english isn't that great), and the woman said no, and tried shutting the door, but the Polish girl tried forcing her way in :unsure:  Another example just up the road from here was a similar story, but it was a Polish guy who tried forcing his way into a woman's house.  Unfortunately for him, her husband (a burly as f**k rugby player) was in, and went up to the guy, physically picked him up and threw him out the door.

Weird...

Argh! They came round to my house once, with the card and pictures and stuff - theyre were loads in a van and one came out wth the pictures... i felt sorry for them too <_< Im gonna stick a hose through the letter box next time