Post Pictures Of Your Computer Area.

Siders77

Tiger is ace, but I've never used Panther so I couldn't compare. The two differences that I know of are the dashboard (pretty but pretty useless), and Spotlight which is absolutely awsome. Totally puts Windows to shame for finding files, it's soooo quick.

Im not trying to have a dig here (for once) but what is the whole point in that dashboard its pretty much 95% useless as far as i can see.

Im not trying to have a dig here (for once) but what is the whole point in that dashboard its pretty much 95% useless as far as i can see.

There isn't one really. It's basically just the same as Konfabulator for the PC. Just a few semi-useful tools that you can have to hand at all times - Reminder stickies, calendar, calculator etc. And then a few random bits that are useless like weather, word of the day, world clock. Actually there are loads to choose from but I never use them really. Aside from that it's just there to look pretty, it's so sexy the way it zooms in and out (Y)

Dashboard isnt useful that often... but occasionally... say you want to convert a measurement or currency, its all in one place, kept all up to date with current rates. Theres a note pad so you can store stuff temporarily without having to open a text editor and stuff... a customisable weather widget... its all good.

Its not revolutionary or great, but it does a few useful things that make it worth having (Y)

You seam to be lacking speakers.

room.jpg

No I don't. I've got 2 X 120 Watt Mission floor standers, as you can see in the middle and far right. :P

Wally - Yeah, it's really really good actually. Means I can sit in bed and watch E4 or whatever, with a remote on the screen which just needs turning around :D

Or you can watch it in a small window while you're on MSN etc, which I've done a lot.

Quality's really good, and the arial is magnetic which makes it easy to attach, especially to my monitor.

:P

P.s. That picture of my room was with my old computer, my new one is just in it's place.

Edited by mod661