I Need Help, From The Absolute Don Of Compuers

trials_pimp

OK, I had to get a new case for my computron, and the new case I have has USB ports in the front.

My old case had these, but it was just on plug, that slotted in, the new case has a lot of small single pin plugs for each wire.

Now everyone who has looked at it cat figure it out, so I turn to you guys.

How do I wire these in?????

Its a Gigabyte 8.0 mother borad if that helps.

Ill get the proper numer ect for if needed

I hate cases like that. There's no need for the case to be supplied with individual things like that, it's so annoying. Anyway, there will be a pic in the motherboard manual that looks like this

usb_header.gif

But they're all standard, so you can just use that one. And then painstakingly match up the pins to the header... NB each header like that is for TWO usb ports (called 5 and 6 in that pic) so make sure you don't get the ports confusled. Good luck. Just try it, if it doesn't work you can't do any harm, you'll just have to take it off and try again.

One small problem with that, I dont have a manual for this mother board.

Well ok, it doesn't matter. Like I said, they're all the same so just use the one I posted. If you can't work out what that diagram refers to, I'm sure you'll be able to download a motherboard manual from the manufacturer's website, so look in there.

They drove me mad on my antec case so 2 mins and some superglue later they are now all glued in a nice block >_<

As tom said follow that diagram if not download the manual off the gigabyte site and double check. I think its only older motherboards that dont follow the standard.