Anybody Got Any Pictures Of Custom Backings/pads?

Luke_bradley

did the other idea about the mounts not work then?

on topic: i seen a guy with a backing bodge the other week. it was a pair of normal black backings with the rubber ripped out and he'd screwed them onto a normal pair of brake pads, with some super glue as well to make sure they're strong.

I can't say how long they'd last/ if it'd be safe though but he was gapping a fair way and they seemed to work alright.

sorry for not having a pic and clogging the thread. :sleeping: :">

I did some really nice ones for Todge. I glue the pad into a solid backing, i then screwed and glued a new power pad backing on to that. Worked really well, and was very strong with no movement or flex. I will try and get you some pics tomoz. :sleeping:

i got so awsome when i realised what i could do with a bit of time, imagination and a workshop.

the tricky bit with machining backings is how to make them stick to the magura cylinder.

i did those with a manual mill and a lathe (go figure), no NC stuff needed really.

These are mine and before you all sayin uuurrrrggghhhhhhh! its a special mixture to glue them and i am one of the only people that use standard maggie pads(heatsink on its way) and i find them fine. I used 4 phillips screws and grinded them down to size(im too lazy for hacksaw), banged the screws in and glued eveything together :huh: I'll get back soo to say how it works and also i'm using these pads on the rear :( ..with lots of tar :) :unsure:

Kieron :lol:

makingbrakepads1ls.th.jpg

i got so awsome when i realised what i could do with a bit of time, imagination and a workshop.

the tricky bit with machining backings is how to make them stick to the magura cylinder.

i did those with a manual mill and a lathe (go figure), no NC stuff needed really.

You have ALWAYS been awesome.