Broken Clip

manxrider

Hi, some how the clip on the backings of my pad has snapped and the pad pad is now moving alot and rubs on the rim especialy when I move backwards. Is there anything I can do to fill it in , I was thinking of putting blue tak where the clip was, I mean there is four sections to the clip but 1 has snapped and now it's moving alot. This does'nt need to be long lasting because I have got some new pads on order.

thanks.

Rimjam's have new backings and compunds soon to be released anyway, so no more rimjam backing problems in the not to distant future.

That's what he said when he went from white to bashe.

But i'v got 6 pads in total and 5 of them are broken. :'(

We have stopped the production of the old pads, and we are now using power pad backings. Testing of the new pads is soon to start. I will keep you updated on when they will be on sale.

Manxrider i will be contacting you very shortly. :'(

Here is a pic of the new RIMJAM pad in testing at the moment. We have not yet decided on a colour or compound.

pad.jpg
Edited by wally

We have stopped the production of the old pads, and we are now using power pad backings. Testing of the new pads is soon to start. I will keep you updated on when they will be on sale.

Manxrider i will be contacting you very shortly. :'(

Here is a pic of the new RIMJAM pad in testing at the moment. We have not yet decided on a colour or compound.

pad.jpg

use that colour!

We have not yet decided on a colour or compound.

I think 99.9% of people would just prefer it if you got a compound that worked.

Every pad company seems to have "done extensive testing" and used a "development test team" or whatever, yet no-one's actually got a decent compound yet and people are still paying money for products that are actually NOT ready for sale. This isn't just Rimjam, by the way, it's just that this is the only topic I can vent in.

Lies don't do it for me...

I think 99.9% of people would just prefer it if you got a compound that worked.

Well to find the right compound, you have to decide on the compound, i dont fully understand your problem.

We havent yet ordered any compounds, we are just playing with what we have in granule form.

Well to find the right compound, you have to decide on the compound, i dont fully understand your problem.

We havent yet ordered any compounds, we are just playing with what we have in granule form.

From "we haven't decided on the colour and compound" it sounded like you were trying to find a nice colour too, which is what I was basing my comment on.

Yes, but you decide on the compound, NOT the colour, surely? If it's a fairly hard compound and you want it softer, say, it might go from dark red to lighter red. You'd decide that because you wanted a softer pad, not 'cos candy apple red is nicer than maroon or whatever...

Yes, but you decide on the compound, NOT the colour, surely?  If it's a fairly hard compound and you want it softer, say, it might go from dark red to lighter red.  You'd decide that because you wanted a softer pad, not 'cos candy apple red is nicer than maroon or whatever...

Yer sure.

im sure thats what chris meant.