To All Drummers In The House...

Joel

Drummers... if you live with your parents (or an apartment or with anyone else), do people mind you playing or do you have certain rule or somewhere you have to play? please tell cause my parents are getting annoyed.

Joel :blink:

I'm not a drummer but the drummer in our band is only allowed to play in his garage before 7pm which is ok, but if you cant do anything like that you could get pads altho they hardly work but what does work is mesh skins but try and avoid them if you can lol. They suck.

I have a drum kit in my room now and its on laminate flooring so its even louder downstairs but the parents dont mind to much!

I normally only play between 11-6 really so its not to bad!

The neighbours 2 doors down complained once cus I had the window wide open and played for 2 hours solid in the summer!

So just play longer and louder B)"

Rob :blink:

So just play longer and louder  :P"

Rob  B)

Yep, theres a baby over the way that is always crying.. Drum louder and it shuts it up :blink:

edit: oh yeah, get yourself some plugs. I use etymotic ones which are awesome, you can hear people talking clearly but when you start playing they cut in and dont muffle the drums, just turn them down.

THESE ONES! They'll set you back about 15quid but worth it and last forever cause you can wash them.

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

I used to live in a terraced house and played there, all I did is when I moved in I went and knocked on the neighbours 2 doors eachway and asked when a good time for them was, we agree'd on a 3 hour gap a day and there were never any problems.

James

got my drums in our studio room on side of house, nonody complains, helps that we are the corner house and the closest house to the drum room is across the road....plus the people who live across the road, there kid has a drum kit now and you can hear him quite well (sounds not so good lol) dont mind it though, no complaints.....had complainst bout squeeky brakes though

oh yeah: just have to close the doors behind me when i play, and i can play whenever, have played at midnight before.

Edited by rocktrials

I play guitar, but ive had some trouble here and there. Ive moved to Nottingham and one Saturday early afternoon i was having a jam with some friends, and some stones were launched at my window, i turned all the amps off, the stones kept coming, so i opened the curtain and my neigbour is standing there shouting ''turn that b*****d thing off'', i said that i had, then he said if i dont shut up he'll throw a brick through my window, i found it ironic as hes a window cleaner, why would he destroy his trade? I wrote an apologised saying i thought Saturday afternoon would be an ok time to play as i dont play early in the morning or late at night. He came round the next day and said thanks, but hes a common, lower class moron so i dont think i'd be so polite if he got angry again.

Hey....that got me thinking

Do your neighbours complain about squeaks (IE: brakes) if you go for a "spin" out in the road?

It's happened to me a few times...not for a while (maybe they got used to it :) )

The people at the end of the road don't even look at me anymore (Y)

Grumpy git.

adam

My neighbour hated it when I played in my garage, he's a fanny, i opened both garage doors and played for a few more hours, then kick my football against he wall, then twated my bin with a stick to make more rubish to fit in it, then he had a go at me for "being anti-social" I told him to call the police, he came round and told my dad on me, i got home from work and my dad laughed at me and called the neighour a cock.

That was a fun day. Then I broke my snare and never played again (Y)