Post A Pic Of Your

Mr Motivator

Because people say "what music do you like then?" "emo" "oh my god LOLZORZ emo phag!! Gonna go slit your wrists to MCR?"

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove there, are you saying because more people think MCR style emo is emo, then they're right and what me and Nic listen to isn't emo or something?

Obviously we are so great and we know so damn much because we listen to older music, nice logic.

Yeah, what im saying is, whatever you think this emo malarky is, that isnt what it would be classified as now. Its moved on. What you listen to isnt what emo is NOW.

More people would class emo as MCR than... maybe something like the weakerthans, i dont know if thats your kind of emo or what. What are your so called emo bands? What is the difference between the popular emo bands that everyone hears from day to day, apart from the fact that they are often highly succesful and well recorded? What topics does your music talk about that are different to common emo?

Weakerthans are indie.

The music I speak of doesn't sound anything like new emo, its more related to indie really. It's far more acoustic, far more emotional and probably less catchy. There's still proper emo bands today, like Desert City Soundtrack, Sounds Like Violence and Surrounded. It's never gone away, so I'm not sure how a different genre of music has been labelled emo.

Just because no-one understands, I uploaded a song for everyone. Sorry for the bad quality, its a vinyl rip. It's possibly my favourite song of all time.

Indian Summer - Angry Son

Now listen to that and see if it has any real relation to My Chemical Romance.

Yeah, what im saying is, whatever you think this emo malarky is, that isnt what it would be classified as now. Its moved on. What you listen to isnt what emo is NOW. 

More people would class emo as MCR than... maybe something like the weakerthans, i dont know if thats your kind of emo or what.  What are your so called emo bands? What is the difference between the popular emo bands that everyone hears from day to day, apart from the fact that they are often highly succesful and well recorded? What topics does your music talk about that are different to common emo?

Emo hasn't moved, the dicks that listen to it have changed, I would do a list of "emo" bands here but I will get the old "woah look at you just naming bands to look cool".

Emo hasn't moved, the dicks that listen to it have changed, I would do a list of "emo" bands here but I will get the old "woah look at you just naming bands to look cool".

erm yer m8t!!!11""£!!!

GrEeN DaY!!1!!

GuD ChArLoTe!!!!£

BuStEd!!(they rock ludzz!1!)

Mc FlY!!!!!!!!11!

dey iz ma bezt emo bandz inzit!!!1!!

:blink:" B)

American Football

Anatomy Of A Ghost

The Appleseed Cast

Burns Out Bright

Death Cab For Cutie

Desert City Soundtrack

Falling Forward

Hoover

Indian Summer

Native Nod

Settlefish

Seven Story Mountain

Sunny Day Real Estate

Winter In June

Theres a few for you

No please, list a few bands, even if you feel its only going to get you abuse due to the scene points system. It wouldnt let me download indian summer.

I can't be arsed of doing a list of bands I like so you can have this instead. Click Me Now I'm not saying that any of them bands are remotley emo, as personally I'm not an "emu", but most of them contain a hell of a lot more "emo-ness" than the current crop of "omgz really kool emo bandz"

To me emo is bands along the lines of:

Sunny Day Real Estate,

Jet's To Brazil

Texas Is The Reason,

Bright Eyes,

Anything that Jonah Matranga has ever done,

The Jealous Sound,

Knapsack.

But like I've said, I'm not a emu so I'm not down with all the proper emo bands, I'm more into the whole Gainsville punk scene to be honest.

Having previously heard Appleseed Cast, Sunny Day Real Estate and Death Cab for Cutie, i'd agree they are what i'd call emo... I also think that they arent miles away from what a lot of people would call emo as well! They sound emo, its just a slightly more oldskool style from the music you apparently hate. However you guys thinking you know more than everyone in the world about emo because you like more than just MCR is pretty silly. Whaty do you guys look like out of interest? Do you portray the scene image that the stereotype says you do by liking pretty unheard of bands? Not a dig, but im interested.

Out of the list I'd say they were the least like original emo though. You really should get that Indian Summer track. Sunny Day Real Estate were one of the first crossover bands into the new emo.

I'm not sure what you mean by we think we know everything because we don't like MCR, we've never said that.

The only reason we like unknown bands is because no popular bands make music we like, isn't that simple enough? I'm sure if an emo band I was into became super famous I'd still like them, but it doesn't appeal to the mass market as much as pop punk with lyrics about broken hearts apparantly.

What has anyones appearance got to do with music taste? Thats just proving what we said, about "emo" being a fashion. Emo isn't a type of fashion, its a genre of music for f**ks sakes.

And if your interested, from what I've seen Nic looks like an average alternative person, whereas I dress scene with a long fringe, tight jeans and a white belt. Fashion shouldn't have anything to do with music.

Emo isn't a type of fashion, its a genre of music for f**ks sakes.

The point that Bennifer is trying to make (I think (Y) ) is that emo is a type of fashion now. Whether or not you agree with emo being a fashion is irrelevant, it is a fashion and you can't change that. I can see why you might be pissed off, but there's nothing you can do, really.

You see indie kids around everywhere, most of them just dressing like that to fit in. I don't get upset by it because I like indie music :)

The point that Bennifer is trying to make (I think  (Y) ) is that emo is a type of fashion now.  Whether or not you agree with emo being a fashion is irrelevant, it is a fashion and you can't change that.  I can see why you might be pissed off, but there's nothing you can do, really. 

You see indie kids around everywhere, most of them just dressing like that to fit in.  I don't get upset by it because I like indie music :)

DING DING DING give that man a prize!

Well done Tomm

Whaty do you guys look like out of interest? Do you portray the scene image that the stereotype says you do by liking pretty unheard of bands? Not a dig, but im interested.

I wear jeans, not baggy ones, not tight ones, halfway down my arse normally with a red studded belt, I wear band t-shirts most of the time, if it's not a band t-shirt i have on then it's normally just a plain t-shirt that cost me like £3 or something or a polo shirt. Zip-up hoodies are good aswell, and i normally have a hat on because i can never be arsed to do anything with my hair. On my feet I normally have a pair of Green Flash on as I can never be arsed to put my cons on and do them up and everything. My next pair of shoes will be some No-Sweat lo-cuts. I also have quite long black hair, but it's more like a bowl than an nice sexy sidesweep. I don't have any body mods down at the moment, but I plan to start work on my half sleeve when I'm sorted with a new job, (Y)

The point that Bennifer is trying to make (I think  (Y) ) is that emo is a type of fashion now.  Whether or not you agree with emo being a fashion is irrelevant, it is a fashion and you can't change that.  I can see why you might be pissed off, but there's nothing you can do, really. 

You see indie kids around everywhere, most of them just dressing like that to fit in.  I don't get upset by it because I like indie music :)

My mates indie band all turned up on stage wearing the same style of clothing (suit trouses and a black shirt) I questioned my mate on it and he said that had decided what to wear sat around the kitchen table at home. And now they are on the front page of magzines...

Leave them to it to be honest, if they want to walk around exactly like each other, in another form of a chav type culture with not so different ethics leave them to it.

To us its obvious between a chav and an emo. But older people its not as easy to tell. They just see a kid with a hoodie on, his hood up, piercings, looking expressionless. Little hard to tell the difference at times for them, same with trucker caps, they are still a cap, caps make you almost instantly fall under chav.

You are NOT what you wear, wearing tight jeans and a dodgy hair cut is fine, but it wont change your attitude or make more people like talking to you any the more to be honest. It might introduce you to more people of the same interests but your still the same. Get over it, leave people be ffs.

acidburnedsoul: oh my god dashboard confessional has a new cd, i preordered it already

XxSlavetoAnguishxX: dude they're my favorite band to self-mutilate to

acidburnedsoul: i prefer to cut myself while watching Napoleon Dynamite on my bigscreen

XxSlavetoAnguishxX: dude that movie is so deep. i cry every time i see it

acidburnedsoul: me too. i hate myself

LMFAO ! :P

My mates indie band all turned up on stage wearing the same style of clothing (suit trouses and a black shirt) I questioned my mate on it and he said that had decided what to wear sat around the kitchen table at home.  And now they are on the front page of magzines...

Who's your mate?

Just talking about emo as a genre of music here; it all boils down to personal tastes, you either like it or you dont'. Personally, I don't, it grates and annoys me and the kids that associate themselves with it piss me off, fine, my opinion right there. However, I can't say emo is shit based on that, I just don't like it, and I don't consider myself important enough to hand down my opinions as fact. The attitude whereby people classify things they don't like as shit is arrogant and it annoys me.

Joe

(PS - ask anyone who knows me, I'm full of myself to the point of arrogance, so any comment about the arrogance of people's opinions is an argument from authority)