Boxing, Whats Your View On It?

Joe Papasnap Maher

It's boring, specially all this featherweight crap. Olympic boxing is good because they have to fight not just dance around the ring. I prefer me some UFC, those fellas are hard.

No boxing is boring lol, how is 2 men beating the shit out of each other boring.

would u prefer it if they werent wearign gloves??

Boxing is great if its for the heavyweight champ in vegas and stuff, i love watching them, but amir kahn and that light stuff kinda sucks(dont get me wrongs hes still rock hard) theres nothin worse than seeing boxing in worthing or some other small place in some community centre. :rolleyes:

No boxing is boring lol, how is 2 men beating the shit out of each other boring.

Like I said UFC, that's 2 mean actually beating the shit out of each other. A KO in there is someone actually knocked out, not this nansy pamsy lying on the floor for 10 seconds.

Like I said UFC, that's 2 mean actually beating the shit out of each other. A KO in there is someone actually knocked out, not this nansy pamsy lying on the floor for 10 seconds.

hahah yeh thats good stuff!

lol with the KO thing, a post I actually agree with you on.

Only boxing I liked was the show "The Contender" and the Olympic boxing as one said.

The contender was shite, I saw 2 fights altogether and both in my opinion the wrong man won, one person would be winning for the first rounds then the other would get in a stupidly lucky punch and pull it back.

oh yes, my step uncle used to do alot of boxing and now is a top kick boxing coach

he used to do alot of bare knuckle fighting and he used to call that real boxing much prefered that

I think boxing is alright to watch sometimes, i watched the contender and thought it was pretty crappy though :rolleyes: like someone said below, the wrong man would sometimes end up winning in the end when the other person deserved it.

Edited by Bondy

i box amatuer boxing.. (ABA) thats all i can do right now (cant go pro until your 18) if your interested in starting.. visit www.abae.co.uk and it will help you find gyms in your local area (Y).. when you get into it its really good.. you get sparring.. the first few times it will knock your head about.. but you sorta get used to the black eyes etc (Y).. plus they dont make you box if you dont want to.. you can just do the workouts such as punch bags skipping etc..

I used to box when i was at school. It was great. Had to pack it in though, weak wrists (N) Nobody made me do it, so I don't see the problem with it. Almost every sport you do is going to cause your body damage in some way. It should be your own personal choice if you do it or not, not some little faggot who doesn't like fighting saying it's wrong. You don't see people telling rugby players they're barbaric hooligans do you?

And as for the people who say lightweight boxing is shit, get real. All that boring slow heavyweight shit is boring. Light and middle weight boxing is faster and way better to watch.

Dan

Boxing is dece.

UFC is Amazing.

I've been watching it loads on bravo and some of the fights are brilliant to watch. You are pretty much guaranteed blood in every fight.

I really hate people that comment on sports being barbaric etc when they have never done them. It's like some scallie telling you that trials is shit and pointless. You know they have never done it.

I remember hearing on the tele some fighter was talking about the UFC and he said they never used to wear gloves but some gimps made them wear 6oz because they wanted to make it safer. But instead of making it safer they made it more dangerous because instead of punching someone in the head and having worry about breaking your hand you don't because you have gloves to protect your hands rather than the persons head you are punching. Thats a perfect example of some gimp not having a clue about something but being in charge of it. The only people that know about UFC are the people that fight in it.

KRYTEN: Breakfast is served, sir.  (Noticing the TV, he sounds disgusted)

Oh, boxing.  Do you _like_ boxing?

LISTER: There's nothing wrong with boxing.  It's one of the great working

class escapes, is boxing.  It's just sport, like any other.  Two highly

trained athletes at the peak of physical perfection trying to outwit

each other in a ring of combat.  In fact, at it's best, it's not a

sport -- it's an artform.

KRYTEN: Female, topless boxing?

LISTER: Its sport to me, Kryten.

KRYTEN: Well... they're not even hitting one another.  They just appear

to be standing in the centre of the ring and jiggling up and down.  So

which one are you rooting for, sir?

LISTER: I'm just praying that it goes the distance!

(N) B)

I used to box when i was at school. It was great. Had to pack it in though, weak wrists  (N)  Nobody made me do it, so I don't see the problem with it. Almost every sport you do is going to cause your body damage in some way. It should be your own personal choice if you do it or not, not some little faggot who doesn't like fighting saying it's wrong. You don't see people telling rugby players they're barbaric hooligans do you?

And as for the people who say lightweight boxing is shit, get real. All that boring slow heavyweight shit is boring. Light and middle weight boxing is faster and way better to watch.

Dan

That would be because rugny players aren't barbaric, mostly what happens in the field stays there. You don't go stamping on peoples bollocks because then they'll do the same to you.

But I agree, all sport does damage, hell breathing does damage, so just get on and have a good time in life.