New Czar Frame

trialsni

More pictures availble at Trialsin USA enjoy.

Click on Updates :angry:

Priced at $650 dollars, over thar, which is around £370 here, hopefully bke dock can replicate this, and keep them relitivley affordable.

Adam

Edited by Bigman

The koxx XTP is slighly different material, insted of ''ultra 6'' its ''something else 6''. It has shorter chainstays than the XTP, and alot higher BB rise (which is a downfall IMO).

You could be daft and say '' i'd rather pay extra and buy the real thing'' :angry: but you'd be paying £700 insted of something around £400, for a weaker frame.

I think this frame is designed for the urban UCI rider, that like to go big and higher, in which its alot stronger (Y). Unlike the XTP which has a more Lycra UCI approach, in which its used for comps.

Either way its a good designed frame :o"

Either way its a good designed frame :o"

I am amazed by the number of very trials specific frames on the market today, real pieces of art...all that CNC machining and spooky shapes... :D

I am curious to see in 10 years from now if we'll look back at today as the golden era of trials :angry: ...or if this is just the beginning... (Y)

I am curious to see in 10 years from now if we'll look back at today as the golden era of trials  :rolleyes: ...or if this is just the beginning... :P

I think that ruthless/revel or whatever frame it is.. its on trashzen somewhere the one with the huge rear disc going around the rim. I reckon eventually they will look something like that, it was just well before its time so no one accepted it for what it was great innovations never get accepted, the coust 3 way tubing was questioned for a while.

Anyway if these new style xtp's make the market pretty sharpish i might consider getting one.

Nice but it is sickeningly simmilar to the xtp which is an amazing frame. I mean, they could of at least changed the head tube bit slightly, instead of stealing some from koxx and welding them on to their own tubing :rolleyes:

Nice but it is sickeningly simmilar to the xtp which is an amazing frame. I mean, they could of at least changed the head tube bit slightly, instead of stealing some from koxx and welding them on to their own tubing  :rolleyes:

That's not what they have done, theoretically, the whole frame is totally different, but aesthetically it looks the same.

The head tube part on a Koxx XTP has not been machined it's been cast to that shape there is no machining which makes it a whole lot cheaper for koxx, but there are downsides to that, as you could never guarantee quality because there are always problems in casting processes mainly to do with air and cracks which you cannot see.

The Czar frame has a CNC machined head tube its a lot more costly, but gives more strength and better looks, how it should be done.

The XTP has very thin tubing all over, this is why so many XTP frames have cracked, the Czar frame has thick tubing all over, and is made from a better material, U6 has been proven to be the best material for trials frames.

The CNC brake mount area is slightly different on the czar, I also think the stickers look awesome.

It should be a lot stiffer and stronger than an XTP with a better price tag.

Phil.

If i were to get one, id put some koxx stickers on it :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

Joe.

Why?

If this frame turns out to be better then why would you want to pretend you had something that was more expencive but not "better" in the way that it rides/costs!

If I did get one(not that I ever would) I would take the stickers off it all together!

Plain would look much better but then again its not what it "looks" like is it :P"

this reminds me of the pitbull topic way back when everyone was slating it cause it looked like the coust...6 months later what happened, pretty much everyone wanted one.

why are you people slating it before its even out, no one has any thing on how it rides/performs.

and the stickers look just like koxx ones to be honest, they just spell a different words. you lot are just in it for the fashion of it all :rolleyes:"

from what phil has said it sounds like a right winner, and like has been said allready whats the point in spending more on something there may not be/ or isnt as good...cause the sticker says something that is respected...not cause the frame will last.

ah well...

Well said Sir James!

I think the frame is mint, stickers don't look bad at all IMO... and if it is stronger than the XTP, then what the hell... like James said, whats the point in paying for something that costs more but isn't as strong... me personally I would go for the Czar over the Koxx due to the price and strength being awesome! :rolleyes:

Watson

Well said Sir James!

I think the frame is mint, stickers don't look bad at all IMO... and if it is stronger than the XTP, then what the hell... like James said, whats the point in paying for something that costs more but isn't as strong... me personally I would go for the Czar over the Koxx due to the price and strength being awesome! :-

Watson

Honestly Watson, the koxx has a better reputation. (Y)" :D Also it is lighter. (Y)

i like, but its really just a copy!!

joE! (Y)

(Y)

We have been through this....... so.. so.. so many times.. There is nothing wrong with copying a frame, making it stronger, then selling it cheaper. This just reminds me of that advert where the guy could buy a normal light bulb or a new one that lasts longer for the same price... and the guy still buys the shit one.