What Is Windoes Longhorn?

Swize

'Longhorn' is the codename for the next version of Microsoft Windows, which is planned to be released Q3 2006 (i think) but keeps being delayed as Microsoft suck with release times. It's more likely for Win XP SP3 to be released before Longhorn is out....

Microsoft have started exclusive Longhorn beta testing for their...err....beta testers, obviously (Y) so at least we know Microsoft are getting something done...

I've heard rumours that longhorn will be 64-bit only and therefore will only work with A64 and the intel 64-bit chip when they finally bring it out.

At present they are supposidly trying to close any security holes in it, although we know how good microsoft are at doing that usually, lets hope all this extra development time results in a decently working version that doesnt need a service pack after a month!!!!

I have a beta version of Longhorn, and it is very good, but nothing to shout home about.

Theres no real radical improvements over the Standard XP pro, but we will see when its actually released

Where did you get that from , i gather you downloaded it ??

Sam

Little fact about longhorn, the name actually originated from this time Bill Gates and I were in the showers together. I slipped and my penis slapped him right across the face and he said "Oh dear you have a longhorn" I then went on to say "Yes I do, why don't you call your next Microsoft build that?" then he said "What a marvelous idea, but this meeting must remain confindential." I don't care if he finds out. He'll just sue me for more money than I'll ever have.