Topic About Sites, Vids & Pics Area

Burton

New bike topics, liked?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. New bike topics, liked?

• Yes any of them are good
    • Yes, but only if theyre original
    • No not at all, Gallery is there for a reason

Nah, i don't like them really, when people make new bike topics they do get alot of comments and questions. If they don't it'll just slowly fall of the first page.

And when you mash your brand new shit hot bike in amongst the others it can easily get over looked.

I think it should be allowed. (Y)

I like it, when you get a new bike/frame you want to go "hey everyone look at my new ride" and you want comments whether they good or not. The gallerty is a useful function but to be honest I dont go in there to look at pictures, the bikepics thread is also good as people who havent got a new bike/frame they want to show off can post it in there.

I say let all "my new bike" threads stay.

If you leave a link to the page in the gallery your bike is on, you can have people massage your ego by going "OMGZ UR BIKE LUKS GR8 I WISH I WAS AS KWL AS U R", then they can. I'd rather just have new topics about, say, a new video, or a new batch of riding pics or something rather than "NEW CHAIN ON MY BIKE!!!!ONEONEONE".

The Bike Pics thread worked fine before, it was one of the biggest threads on the forum, and it was fine. Don't really see the problem with it...

If you leave a link to the page in the gallery your bike is on, you can have people massage your ego by going "OMGZ UR BIKE LUKS GR8 I WISH I WAS AS KWL AS U R", then they can.  I'd rather just have new topics about, say, a new video, or a new batch of riding pics or something rather than "NEW CHAIN ON MY BIKE!!!!ONEONEONE". 

The Bike Pics thread worked fine before, it was one of the biggest threads on the forum, and it was fine.  Don't really see the problem with it...

Couldnt the mods etc. just close the topics auto-matically after soo many days of being open?

I guess you'd had to have moderated this forum for a day to realise how heinously shit it'd be to have to keep checking bike pics threads to see how many days they'd been open and how long 'til they were due to be closed (Y)

'sides, if people are half-way through conversations/discussions in the thread and it comes up to it's closure time, what then? What is the optimum length of time for a thread to be open?

Seriously, it wouldn't be a good idea in that it wouldn't work, not to mention it'll be shit for the mods to have to go round and check them...

Don't really see the problem with it...

There's nothing wong with it. But it just takes the 'individuality' out of posting a pic of your new bike. And alot of other reason i can't really explain.

Couldnt the mods etc. just close the topics auto-matically after soo many days of being open?

If the topic is still being used, why would you close it? unless it turned into a slagging match.

if it's interesting to the majority then why not?

i like seeing new paintjobs or new frames that have just been released rather than just in the companies promo shots.

Basically, this kind of topic has to be self moderated. Before you post your lovely bike, think to yourself, "will anyone actually care about my bike that is similar to almost everyother bike of the same type?"

If your bike is bog standard, dull as a muddy puddle, run of the mill, then don't glorify its lameness with its own topic.

If there's a massive change in your bike and it isn't just a frame change like loads of stuff then yeah, or if you have some cool prototype component. But otherwise I'd rather not see. Or have a section like the references section, each person has their own topic to post pics of their bike. Or something.

Yeah, but you can basically do that in the Bike Pics section of the Gallery? And then people click "Reply" and can comment on them (Y) Just looks a bit different to a standard thread, but the functions are the same.

I think the main problem is that not many people know how to use the gallery to it's full potential. I dont. (Y) I use imageshack. (Y)"

Edited by JT!

I didnt mind people posting topics with a few images of thier bikes, it just got f**king stupid though when someone was starting a new topic to show off his new mini seat.. which was infact no different to any other bog standard seat.

Anybody that has voted that these topics are good obviously hasnt realised that not only does the gallery let you upload a photo, but it also lets people comment on it in the same page too. So you can still have your ego boosting discussions in the gallery comments feature and also keep the main forum clean!