Anyone A Plumber On Here?

colly

just wondering do you still have time to ride? and does your employer pay you aswell as well as the college thanks.  :(

I start my apprenticeship in September (Hopefully) it's Monday to Friday from either 9-4 or 8-4, so there's should be time to do stuff in the evenings and on weekends. Richie said his will pay £150 a week, I'll confirm that on Friday once I've been to my interview.

yeah go for it - plumbing is a decent job, people will always need plumbers (for the forseeable future anyhow). You can actually make a decent money in an area with a lack of plumbers if you set up your own business - though that will be a long way off.

my dads a plumber and I helped him out during the summer for years - I always enjoyed it actually, going round and meeting loads of people and getting drinks and biscuit in peoples houses...haha It was hard work though and there was some shitty (literally) job too.

I say go for it :(

yeh the plumber im working for is making a absolute, bomb!! the college told me that a couple of people are dropping out of doctor training and goining into plumbing, becasue the money is better, a plumber charged my granda £50 an hour +vat + parts, so the money is good, and if i work on the sites some round here give you £1000 to take home after tax etc a week, but obvisously you have to graft for that, my hours are 7:30 - 5:30 usually overtime, so a long day

the college told me that a couple of people are dropping out of doctor training and goining into plumbing, becasue the money is better

No-one does "Doctor training" for the money. There are far better ways to get rich if you just want to do that. But yes, it can be a pretty lucrative business.

no-one does "Doctor training" for the money

well imo its pointless going to univirsity if the money is the same as plumbing? and why do they do the traing in the first place if the they dont want the money??????

Bucky you fancy riding durham with the durham lads sometime? i live only 27 miles from newcastle and durham is about 15 miles from both and theres some great riders there and some great stuff?

Edited by colly

Probably because their interested/good at it.

but their main thing i would say would be the wage once they qualified, like they wouldnt do all this training if the wage was only 15000 a year?well thats what i think any way.

My brothers technically a plumber or will be, I think he does heating and ventilation for hayden youns asan apprentce.

He'll come and correct me soon enough I know it.

Any way he rides quite a bit

actually im a qualified heating and venterlation engineer now doing a mechcanical engineering degree in september so its all good:P money is pretty good get about 400 a week if i decide to work, ha. get plenty of time to ride as well its just a matter of riding late/ getting up early in the monring that i struggle with