Graphics Cards

Mr Dave

Hello

Ill try and keep this short.

I upgrades a while ago, the gfx card i got was a leadtek 6800LE 128mb

i thought yay its guna run everything proper bo.

however, after bothering to play source and hl2, ive come to the concluetion i dont think its running at its full potential.

i downloaded the what i think are the latest drivers off the nividia site, 77.72 or something. but i only get 75 fps drops to 30 in places (Y)

But i have got a lcd moniter, which the higest refresh rate it can do is 75fps, so obvisly im not going to physically see more than 75 fps but surely it could say its going over that??

More importantly im more bothered about it dropping below 75, obvs 75 it perfect ( as ur eye can only see something like 6o i think)

what im gettin at is what have i got to do?

recomendations for settings ?

just help please :D im not a total noob but dont no everything........

Tar :P

Dave :P

It depends exactly where the FPS drops. There's no way you'll get a constant FPS throughout the entire game, as invariably certain sections will require more oomph to recreate. Typically large outdoor sections are killers for FPS, particularly if it's not been coded well. Remember the more stuff going on in the game, the more of a pasting the graphics card is going to take, and hence the performance will drop. Admittedly, a drop from 75 to 30 is quite large, but I wouldn't naturally assume that there's anything wrong with your system as such.

Edited by Fuse