Snapped Bottom Bracket

Hello people, just want to say, that I snapped my Bottom Bracket tonight doing a rail gap, was a 6 foot static froma rock to a rail, then it snapped as I landed :D

heres some pics of it:

dscn20400xo.jpg

dscn20413xp.jpg

Pic of me setting off for the gap! (poo pic) but you can see just how big the gap was:

dscn20366xv.jpg

dscn20317ar.jpg

So, then I started to have a go on toms brand new stead (just bought today):

dscn20543fw.jpg

I done a 34" sidehop on toms bike first attempt!! lol, can barly do it on my bike!

(no pic for it though :P )

Some pics of my bike from friday (before my BB snapped :) :

dscn20266dk.jpg

dscn20270zk.jpg

dscn20284pg.jpg

The moral of the story, buy a new Bottom bracket if you have a onza thandard one!! I know 2 people this has happened to so far!

Edited by terror-error

If that's the BB that came with it, I'm not surprised. The one Onza product I hate are their BB's. They're just shockingly bad. Weak as anything.

On the plus side, your's actually fitted a pair of cranks. Mine came so short with the frame kit I couldn't actually get any cranks on without ring/freewheel rubbage...

Why do we require riding pics, as well as 3 different pictures of your bike whole, to see a broken bottom bracket? :D

Its a common thing, my friends did the exact same thing. :)

For some reason though, he blamed the cranks and got a new BB and cranks though. :)

TheMunn, how is a bottom bracket attention to detail? :P

TheMunn, how is a bottom bracket attention to detail? huh.gif

They have updated quite alot on the new model of t-pro, but didn't think "maybe we should put a better bottom bracket in?" Instead they update the crank/bash and rim's etc.

Of course its attention to detail... a minor detail that makes a f**kload of difference, even if you cant really see the BB in the frame. Its like kids buying a T raptor would rather see a set of Maguras on it rather than a decent bar stem headset and bb... Makes the bike look better for the money.

the moral of the story would be:

buy the bike

take the b/b out

final step buy shimano UN52 with 127mm axle and then your safe.

it isnt really onza's fault its just that they cant afford to give you value for money in every area, the places where they will cut is the places you cannot see.

B/B and Headset, inside of Hubs...........

the only problems iv ever had with onza's are b/b, and the rear hubs coming loose, which i warn people about then if they come loose they bring them back and a quick tweek and there sorted. no problems.

Waynio......................

Even with a UN52 your not safe

At least where yours snapped it was a nice clean cut and inside the BB shell.

Ive had 2 UN52s go within 6 months and one was a 8ft drop. Landed the drop, it sheared off and left the sharpest most evil looking protruding part possible. could have been very nasty ive had gone down my leg