Online Poker Freerolls

nb88

I've been wanting to learn to play Poker for ages, the problem is nobody I know, knows how to play it. I've searched online for instructions but its very confusing. Can anybody recommend any tutorials/explain the rules?

Basically the best hand wins, on the betfred ones you get 2 cards and 5 communal cards, with your 2 cards or 1 of your cards or none (but that would imply no-one can win if the best hand is in the 5 communal cards) + any of the 5 cards you need the best 5 card hand. Say if you had 2, 3s. Then the first 3 communal cards came up, there's a 3 in there, that means you wanna stay in, as usually 3 of a kind will take MOST peoples hands as it's a pretty good hand, but if the last 2 cards come up and there's another 3 you wanna put all yow money in there, as it means 2 of the cards in the communal 5 are helping you one hell of alot, whereas the others may not be gaining very much from them. But take a look at the other 3 as they may be 3 of the same suit or possibly part of a flush. Just look for the different hands, I've picked up a fair bit just playing in the fun ones (Y)

The card rankings (top = best)

Royal Flush (10,J,Q,K,A all suited)

Straight flush (Any straight, all suited)

4 of a kind

Full house (3 of a kind and a pair - e.g. 10 10 10 9 9

Flush (5 cards of same suit)

Straight (a 'run' of 5 cards)

3 of a kind

2 Pairs

Pair

High Card (e.g. A K beats A Q)

(Y)

I keep making stupid mistakes, like I was the second best player on a table and I was only down by 5, then the person who was 5 above me went all in, and I followed. I knew that they must of either A had good cards of B been bluffing, but I just followed like a baboon. SHIT. Ahhh well.

The house always wins. They take more than they give out, but everyone thinks they're different, that they've got a trick. That's why they keep going back for more.

Yeah, but if you're good, I'm sure you can make money. The people that lose are the people that have more money than sense and are stupid. Even with the cut that the house takes, there is still some scope for a decent player to win decent money.

A mate of mine plays online all the time and won over £500 last month.

Very interesting!

I was $13 up, in the $0.25-$0.50 rooms, doing quite well, and from there, didn't make any stupid moves, played sensibely, and have just lost it all. (Y) Just no possible chances to win!

I'll keep playing. (Y)

Oh yeah, btw, damn you noz!!! (Y)

Edit: Woo, back up again!

Edited by Fatmike

Course they make money.... they take a registration fee from every tournament entry and money from each pot in money games, so thatd add up to a hell of a lot. $750 for the freerolls each day probably isnt that much to them.

If anyone else has money on there and wants to challenge me to a heads up tournament, give me your msn (Y)

It's not hard to play really.....i dont usually play in money game tables, only tournaments, and just dont call blinds all the time like my mate does (Y) ,you just end up losing it all - fast.

OH YEAH- by the way guys - 2 $1000 tournaments today (Y) ill be entering both

Edited by Nozmeister

• 3 weeks later...