Grip Sweat

JonPace

Alright people,

Every single summer it drives me mad how sweaty my hands get and I get no grip at all. Everyone I ride with suffers from the same thing. I don't wanna get gloves cause they just don't feel right. Are there any grips or special lengths you lot go to to make your hands stay in place. I currently have ruffian grips...

Edited by JonPace

I find I get this too but find the best thing is to carry a very small towel and tuck it into your trousers or get a beer mat towel and carry that, they are cheap and quickly get rid of sweaty grips and sweaty hands :).

I'd go for some liquid chalk stuff if your buying it primarily for riding. Loose chalk could be a hassle to take around with you, unless you like put a load in a bottle or something similar. But yeah, there's loads of brands that do liquid chalk now, which seems more grippy when climbing anyway.

Erm: http://www.rockrun.com/shop/prod.html?d=2&...59bafcd2a0ce9d1

That kinda stuff.

I stopped wearing gloves and my hands were sweating like pigs. . . . . .

But just keep riding - it gets better. I dont know why but its really not bad at all anymore. my hands have stopped sweating (as much) and i can ride without too much bother . . .

But at a guess if you use foam grips (when theyre new) that would help a bucket load.

what you need is a 'wipe hands on trousers/shorts + hold on tighter'.

Recommended Retail Price: £0.00

ha-har :P Although really I agree too

I sweat like a fat sweaty man having sex on a hot day :) and I ecnounter this problem too. Mind you I'm using the brisa/koxx rubber grips which have now become slick

I might buy myself some of that climbers chalk for the summer.

Jon Fisher introduced me to that theory when I first met him a couple of years back on a ride in Basingstoke (We also had loads of fun throwing the chalk ball round and at people leaving large white chalk patches and hand prints ;) )

DeeJ then told me how a simple alternative was to use Talcolm Powder so in the summer I usually have some Talc with me in my bag. It works but last summer I found myself putting gloves on after a while riding due to soar hands, not sweaty hands.

I am going to try the chalk/talc method again this summer and stick with it through the pain of riding gloveless and see how it goes....

monty foam's from cleanbikes, they any good? was thinking of getting some as im having the same problem and as for gloves... the tan line is not cool ;)

Still, the best grips for sweat are the cork tape from racing bikes, or from tennis rackets....(and they are very thin like the monty and cheaper than anything else :D" )

But it has to be cork, not plastic copy.

People also seem to forget that gloves are an important piece of protective equipment!

What do you use to save yourself from many nasty bails? Yes thats right, your hands!

I have been lucky not to hurt my hands *that* bad while riding but I am sure people out there have absolutely wrecked there hands when bailing gloveless!

I have been lucky not to hurt my hands *that* bad while riding but I am sure people out there have absolutely wrecked there hands when bailing gloveless!

Yes, I've been there, done that.

A couple of months ago I misjudged a nose tap on the top of a bank and went over the bars to land in broken glass and grvel, cut up my p[alms and finger tips nicely, end of ride, end of riding for that week.

I havent really ridden without gloves since.