Fooked Profile...

Will Arnold

i need some help please people!

ive just taken my back profile mini cass bmx hub out of my bike for a clean and service, when i noticed that the threads in the axle are fooked, the bolts go in at an angle :P

also, i wanted to service the ratchet (clean it out and wack a bit of lube in) and i cant get the damn cassette part off, it usually just slides off, but now it doesent want to know (Y)

im really pissed off with this!!

so, should i just buy another profile, or upgrade to a king while im at it? considering i can get a profile for 160 and a king for 275....

also, if i get a king it means i can run an echo cnc rim, which is bloody nice :)

cheers in advance :P

Will

p.s. if i get a king im gunna be skint for a month + ...

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

yeah, i will probs phone them tomoz, cheers.

anyone know whether a king is a worthwhile upgrade over a profile?

ta

call profile talk to steve or sam.

I'd ride a profile outta the two. Cheaper, easier to maintain, easier to strip, easier to get parts for, easier to get running to a trusting level.

john

For a start post it in Trials Chat, then you'll get a better responce.  :)

thought if i did that then i would get people moaning that its a silly question and is clogging the trials chat section...

cheers for the advice so-far people...

im thinking i may go the way of a front eno or acs claws, and an echo rear wheel, well see :P

thought if i did that then i would get people moaning that its a silly question and is clogging the trials chat section...

cheers for the advice so-far people...

im thinking i may go the way of a front eno or acs claws, and an echo rear wheel, well see :)

Don't you dare! :P stick with el profilo dude

Stick with your profile! :)

You bought the bugger for a reason: because theyre cheap and reliable.

just hammer the driver(freehub) thingy off. The bearings have probably gone in it.

The cone bearing cover http://www.customriders.co.uk/prodlist.asp...ub&pg=4&site=3# has got stuck in the driver. the best way to fix it is to just hammer the driver off, until you can geta hold of the cone bearing cover, then pull it off.

get some new profile bearings from www.smbbearings.co.uk

Bearing model - 6802-2RS is what you need. £12.08 including p+p and VAT!!!!

Get a new axle, or take yours to an engineering firm o summit and get it tapped, and a new bolt:)

Edited by dan_t-lite

Not sure about how to fix the problem, but on the subject of Kings vs. Profile. I have run both in my mod bike and I can honestly say that the profile is better. Feels much tougher and stronger when you kick. Also as Bongo said to service a profile you don't need to be a halfords mechanic! ( :) ) But to service a king properly is another matter.

One last thing I thought profiles where supposed to run dry?

thanks for the help everybody, i have re-tapped the threads earlier on and the bolts now go in very nicely :)

the only problem is the cassette, it does work, but i want to get the metal filings out, i know they are in there because it has skipped a couple of times recently.

it does run but i dont funny trust it, ive wacked it in the bike now and it seems fine to be honest should last me through my trip to france :P, but if a tooth snaps off, then im f**ked because there will be no way to access the bugger!

if that happens i'll give profile a call,

cheers people :(

Will