soon

12" 300w sub (got)

600w amp (on way)

sony headunit (ordering soon)

mabye lowering or 18's

colourcoding

tom

This is what i drove today

Brand New 54 Plate Audi A3 2.0 TurboDiesel.

oh my god, i want one ( its my uncles courtesy car while his 2.8l A4 is with Audi )

in 5th at about 30, it had f**king poke :blink: , as for 1st and 2nd, and 3rd, to quick for my own liking. I would kill myslef in it if i owned it.

gallery_225_5_48884.jpg
Edited by JoeMaher

This is what i drove today

Brand New 54 Plate Audi A3 2.0 TurboDiesel.

oh my god, i want one ( its my uncles courtesy car while his 2.8l A4 is with Audi )

in 5th at about 30, it had f**king poke :blink: , as for 1st and 2nd, and 3rd, to quick for my own liking. I would kill myslef in it if i owned it.

gallery_225_5_48884.jpg

Me likey, My dad has an 03 plate A4 quattro, is a beast! Can leave most things standing in any gear :sick: He's letting me borrow it more and more at the mo lol all good. Back to the polo otherwise (Y)

Pete

Edited by tipsy Jock

jus post pic of you car or van, wateva, list mods etc

heres my 2002 corsa

mods ---

17" excite r08's

k&n filter(from punto 1.4 turbo)

peco jap style backbox, blue burnt tip

black irmscher lights on the back

sony xplode 6x9's

interior blue neons in footwells

soon

12" 300w sub (got)

600w amp (on way)

sony headunit (ordering soon)

mabye lowering or 18's

colourcoding

tom

mate dont get sony headunits, they are massivly unrealiable. mine has started to play up after 4 months. but i have those 6x9's and they are really nice. only £45 aswell!

Why oh why would anyone do that to a 1.0l Corsa!? Dont get me wrong mate, theres nothing wrong with Corsas, they are reliable little runaround cars suitable as first cars. Economical, small, can take a bike, reliable etc. But its not a sports car, why would you put massive wheels on it like that. It doesnt look smart, it just marks you out as having a stereotypical chav type car. (Y) You might well not be a chav, but you've got a ghetto stylee car!

Iv been telling him NOT to buy sony sound systems! they are the ultimate bollocks!!! they are crap!

Iv been telling him to buy some alpine stuff, but he just wont listen!!! alpine is probably the best for cheap stuff!!

The best quality sound coming from a alpine (Y)

But IMO, this car looks quite nice, but its RRRREEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY slow!!!!

mate dont get sony headunits, they are massivly unrealiable. mine has started to play up after 4 months. but i have those 6x9's and they are really nice. only £45 aswell!

You have done all that to a 1.0l corsa lmao

Let me guess you have those 6x9s but havent replaced the fronts?

And your keeping the 6x9s with your sub, yes?

lol

Iv been telling him NOT to buy sony sound systems! they are the ultimate bollocks!!! they are crap!

Iv been telling him to buy some alpine stuff, but he just wont listen!!! alpine is probably the best for cheap stuff!!

The best quality sound coming from a alpine (Y)

But IMO, this car looks quite nice, but its RRRREEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY slow!!!!

Those Sony 6*9's suck sooooo bad, yes they may only be <£50 but they simply sound shite! If you dont belive me get into a hellfrauds and compare them to all the others on display...

John, did you not know that if you run 6*9's and a sub you get street cred? :P Not to mention how everything will sound like its coming from the back even though your sat at the front. Also dont forget that all the bass will sound muddled and wank and that the sub will destroy the 6*9's.

Since when has Alpine stuff been cheap?

Its all the rage buying shite cars and trying to make them look un-shit, everyone knows that!

But at the end of the day its still a Corsa...

I know i know lol it could be a nice looking corsa though :P

My plans for a first car involve either a proper mini cooper or something slightly sporty. my mums 1.4 polo for example has tonnes of poke for what it is. though that corsa is not only a 1.0l but also only has 3 cylinders lol is going to have to be a mini methinks (Y)

Pete

to be honest I dont really might performance upgrades. Air filters etc give a smoother feel etc as do full exhaust systems. But what I can stand is shitty back boxes, crappy lights, stickers, pieces of plastic and other shite stuck to it. And as for sony car audio, its simply terrible. Well especially the Xplod stuff. Ive currently got a Sony CDX-M880 head unit and it isnt THAT bad, but thats only cos I didnt pay for it. It was a £250 head unit which I got for free, if i was paying that for a HU it would be alpine all the way or even a nice Pioneer.

Can I just ask what made you buy those 6x9s?

to be honest I dont really might performance upgrades. Air filters etc give a smoother feel etc as do full exhaust systems. But what I can stand is shitty back boxes, crappy lights, stickers, pieces of plastic and other shite stuck to it. And as for sony car audio, its simply terrible. Well especially the Xplod stuff. Ive currently got a Sony CDX-M880 head unit and it isnt THAT bad, but thats only cos I didnt pay for it. It was a £250 head unit which I got for free, if i was paying that for a HU it would be alpine all the way or even a nice Pioneer.

Can I just ask what made you buy those 6x9s?

Its Sony, it has the brand on it, it must be good...

The Sony head units are not too bad, they seem to be the best if you want to go the mp3 CD route. In hellfrauds it was only the Sony head units that read every file on a mp3 CD I played with... This was nearly 1 year ago so maybe mp3 head units have gone up in the world but thats why I went for a Sony (Note I had a £150 budget at the time and did not want to buy from the internet)

Yeah as you say, sony headunits arnt the worst out there. But their also no longer the best for the money. The major problem I found with the MP3 factor of sony hu's is that they dont play wma's. Not a total loss as wma files are crap, but if alot of your music on PC is wma then you have problems. I was making mp3 CDs and the odd song was missing here and there, was confusing but they were wma's.

Sony speakers are unforgiveable though. Unless there is no alternative, ie due to mounting depth or diameter which you cant change, there should be no need to buy sony. I only spent £50 on front JBL components, and while not the best in the world, they had a decent bass output for a pair of comps which is what i needed due to no sub and standard rears.

But at the end of the day its still a Corsa...

I think the phrase your looking for is

"you can't polish a turd" :)"

:disclaimer: Not that I really dislike the Corsas or in fact what you did with it.

I would love to do some mods to my car (performance) stiffer springs, chip it etc. BUT I just don't want the hassel of insurance and engine/car damage that may occur.

Plus its a diesel (Y) :P I love torque :P

Dan