Politics?

Waynio

yes i am really sorry for that joe....

EXCELLENT result for Mr Oakley. finished on 0!!!!i think it has only been done a couple of times before one was by Chris Wright.

Waynio.........................

i was only joking, but cheers! i am really impressed, i think only 2 people have done it before, one being chris wright and the other being scott wilson!

joE!

well, i have been in a comp and have seen people break rules.. but i have never complained about them because i am not that bothered, and i dont normally complain about stuff in general anyway.

i myself have been told that i have broken a rule, but havent had anyone complain against me. if i did i wouldnt moan about it because i know i am in the wrong.

basically what i am trying to say to wayne is that that who ever complained about you was obviously really competive, and that you should just accept that you did break a rule.

there shouldnt have to be a discussion on that?

although i do see your point in TEAM britian, if he didnt point it out u might have made the same mistake. Rules are rules and not obeying them in them in the worlds could really bring the team in general down. not in points but just in reputation.

Edited by TheChai

well, i have been in a comp and have seen people break rules.. but i have never complained about them because i am not that bothered, and i dont normally complain about stuff in general anyway.

i myself have been told that i have broken a rule, but havent had anyone complain against me. if i did i wouldnt moan about it because i know i am in the wrong.

basically what i am trying to say to wayne is that that who ever complained about you was obviously really competive, and that you should just accept that you did break a rule. 

there shouldnt have to be a discussion on that?

although i do see your point in TEAM britian, if he didnt point it out u might have made the same mistake. Rules are rules and not obeying them in them in the worlds could really bring the team in general down. not in points but just in reputation.

that is what he is trying to say, he knows he was in the wrong but he said he will never do it again, but everyone has to make a big deal out of it all the time! if someone else had been pushing your bike, and wayne knew the rule, he probably would have just come up to you personally and said, your not meant ot be doing that. it is against the rules. whoever accused wayne for cheating, shouldnt have told control, whats the poitn, just told wayne personnally, so he didnt do it again!

1 sec...didn't I see your dad doing that for you at a previous comp???!

ooh!!! shame! :-

joE! ^_^

Edited by oakley

All i would like to get at is that can the last 2 british rounds and future for example tyke trial events just be peaceful and less stressful for the organisers. i dont care if that doesnt include myself, but at the end of the day dont go making it a nightmare for Barbara and co when they dont need it. if your really bothered about sections and think people cheat go set sections out yourself the day before? you will get an idea that no one can cheat as it can take a while to mark sections out.

Waynio..........................

if you think there were any cheating explain to me why and how? i have already said that i didnt know about the rule until i picked my 2nd punchcard up half way round and then did not let alex touch my bike at all. as i didnt want to make it look as if i was just ignoring the report of a problem.

A few things to look at here.

1 Riding sections before a comp - well even if Wayne was riding at Addingham a week before the comp he couldn't have rode the sections as they were not there. When I went to the worlds in 2002 in France people were riding the area in the week before the trial but not the sections, so if you rode round Addingham in the previous week i can't see a problem.

Art. 14 PRE-COMPETITION PRACTICE

Riders are not allowed pre-competition practice inside the designated area of the course and sections. Any rider seen with his bicycle in any place (eg. course and sections) one week before the competition will be disqualified from the competition. Any attempt made to practice before the competition will result in the exclusion of the concerned rider from the Championship.

2 Riders should know the rules before a comp PLAESE LEARN THESE - as an observer I get a lot of crap from people who don't know the rules.

Art. 33 KNOWLEDGE OF THE RULES

The riders, upon applying for entry for competition must possess a thorugh knowledge of the present Technical Rules and respect any other instructions given by the organizers in order to improve the event.

Rules can be modified by the organising bodies - like at YMSA -riding sections out of order is not an offence.

To every one competing at the next round of the British Champs - expect some very strict observing as it's the last round before the Worlds. So I say:

1 - Keeps your toes and heels on the pedal - this is always a bone of contention as most riders do this so quick that they don't notice themself.

2 - Get BOTH hubs between the markers - it doesn't matter if you're in the air or not both must go through.

3 - The marker is the point where it enters the ground and not the coloured bit.

Tim Ellingham.

PS - Big respect to Aran Cooke (SP?) who rode my section (5) during the monsoon and then his front caliper sheared off 2/3 of the way round and still managed to get out on a 3. That rain was crazy and I mean absolutely MENTAL!!!

Edited by ellingtj

we got a good reputation from the european round in sweden and would be great if we had the same to all the worlds.

i had something reported against me Chai and i corrected the error at the 1st possible opportunity.(when i went for my 2nd punchcard which is the start of my 2nd lap?) correct me if im wrong but i think that i did it in the best possible way, if people think different then change what has to be changed but i said to barbara if i had to be given 10/20 points who cares, i didnt know and i wasnt doing it on purpose,i think it was a disgrace for someone to do it and maybe not tell me?or say why is he pushing your bike?but hey if people are like that then i cant do no more, but i know now and it obviosly wont happen again.

Waynio...................

To every one competing at the next round of the British Champs - expect some very strict observing as it's the last round before the Worlds. So I say:

1 - Keeps your toes and heels on the pedal - this always a bone of contention as most riders do this so quick that theydon't notice themself.

2 - Get BOTH hubs between the markers - it doesn't matter if you're in the air or not both must go through.

3 - The marker is the point where it enters the ground and not the coloured bit.

i totally agree,as long as everyone is observed the same then there is no problem, to be quite honest i think were lucky in the 1st place to actually have observers there!!!!!yesterday 7 of the 10 observers were women (there were more than 7 as some had 2 people on one section.) this to me i have to say is a very kind and not a great job to have at a trial but big thanks must go out to the people that do this job. if an observer says something and you dispute it then thats your problem but it shouldnt get to that stage if you have been told something and then ignore the advice given you will be punnished by getting a 5 for not taking the advice of an observer who will be advising everyone the same!!!!

Waynio.........................

My GF says she wont observe again if people are so F**King snotty about things. and i said that she shouldnt have had to do it in the first place but she put her name down. that is when we will struggle to get observers when they end up treated like dirt and get the feeling WHY should they do it for UNGRATEFUL people?

you really havent read the rules have you ???.. when your below the age of 15 it is allowed.. im just turned 16 now so therefore i carry my own :lol:.. see i know the rules.. unlike your self jon :-

At tyke trials the observers let you off a few dabs and things like that anyway :lol: they're way too leanient, so weather you carry your own bike or not it dosn't matter.

Edited by JT!

the thing is daahnhillaaaa the rules dont need to be fully implyed at club competition as they dont have to be extremly strict at tykes in the top categories observers need to be observing correctly as it is the older lads that need to know more when they are making the mistakes as if they want to be world champions and european champions they would need to be fully into every niggly rule going.

i think being more leanient with the younger lads keeps them interested more if you give a young lad a 5 for falling over he is going to feel it a bit harsh especially if he has tried not to but like his bars hit a rock and he gets back on, i think getting away with that would be fine.

i will admit for the older lads its deffinatly a good idea to be leanient with young lads, and older lads be more strict.

Waynio.................

we need more and more people to be at competition to keep the trials scene going in this country. if not it will be buggerd, thats why i want/hope more and more youngsters will get into it, i know in the yorkshire area there has been alot more interest in getting into it, mostly between the ages of 6-13. so hopefully there will be more and more youngsters getting into it.

the thing is daahnhillaaaa the rules dont need to be fully implyed at club competition as they dont have to be extremly strict at tykes in the top categories observers need to be observing correctly as it is the older lads that need to know more when they are making the mistakes as if they want to be world champions and european champions they would need to be fully into every niggly rule going.

i no what you mean wayne, but the younger lads want to be world champs just as much as the older lads, and they have just as much chance!

joE!

im thinking the same as daaaanhillaa. Im not bothered entering competitions as I dont see the point (ride with no rules wherever you want :- or ride with strict rules in certain places :lol: ) I also think that sports should have rules but really not that many. To me UCI competition means no pedals down or bash guard. Thats all it means to me, even though Im aware there are many more rules, I don't really care

And as for pushing you bike... that really takes the P!ss. You were still walking to the next section yeah? Trials bikes aren't exactly 200kg cubes. They have smooth bearings and weigh next to nothing. If you got wheelchaired there I still wouldn't care...geez

This is why some people (like me) have negative views of competitions. I'd like to enter one, but i cba abiding by all these silly, petty rules as you said wayne

rofl! this isn't golf, you lot dont need bloody caddy's to push your bikes around1!1!!1!!

I swear trials get more geeky by the minute, everyones so "Ewwww your bike didn't cost 1000£, you cant come in our 2000£ club, sorry meight"

"oh my god your not allowed to ride natural the day before a natural comp, thats cheating1!11!!"

cant everyone just have fun on their bikes, and stop all this moaning crap. I ride because i love riding, i dont care if you all think i'm shit or my bike is, i couldn't care less, i just know you're sad :lol:

cant everyone just have fun on their bikes, and stop all this moaning crap. I ride because i love riding, i dont care if you all think i'm shit or my bike is, i couldn't care less, i just know you're sad :-

Very well put mate :lol:

the last 3 posts im trying to get that across to people, the niggly little rules that are dug up are snotty!if anything and i personally would like to see more faces and friendly people coming to competitions to enjoy and have fun meet other fellow trials riders that are great to talk to and such forth. its all about the fun and thats what i want to get across to the people that arent doing trials, its the select few that are making it a ball ache for the majority and we dont need it. it was great yesterday talking to people and seeing what they thought of the competition yet there was many disputes going on that we didnt have to have or need.

Waynio.......................

i would like to see more and more people at competitions enjoying themselves and having as much fun as i have when i go to them. i feel some people will miss out with having the attitude towards competitions that people are always arguing and stuff, when it maybe 2/3 people out of 70/80 people?????

The next tykes competition is going to be at Brimham rocks or Addingham moorside 1st weekend in September..........would be great to see more new faces there. obviosly aswell as the usual people turning up too

:- when you say your only allowed to push your own bike? what you mean, like you have finished a section on your way to the next one if someone wheels your bike its cheating :lol: Or is that not what you are on about? B)