Whos Seen A Ghost

Davetrials

Monkey, you keep talking about these kinds of energies that would have to do this, or have this effect, etc... but you forget that 100 years ago electrcity hadn't been discovered. I think that makes my point clear - not everything will have yet been discovered that is out there today and so science can't prove anything 100%.

You seem pretty arrogant to tell people that have seen something, like Joe for example, that its impossible, when they KNOW what they have seen.

Monkey, you keep talking about these kinds of energies that would have to do this, or have this effect, etc... but you forget that 100 years ago electrcity hadn't been discovered.  I think that makes my point clear - not everything will have yet been discovered that is out there today and so science can't prove anything 100%. 

You seem pretty arrogant to tell people that have seen something, like Joe for example, that its impossible, when they KNOW what they have seen.

I agree, science can't prove anything really. Just try to provide a rational explanation to it.

Science thoeries have been disproven in the past and new explanations and ways of thinking have been discovered

Actually science can prove some stuff (with experiments and stuff), there is just stuff out there that science can't provide a explanation for (yet)!

I have really lost my train of thought as I had to come back to this...

I have never seen a ghost, although my girlfriends old house was weird I used to hate walking around it at night. It just 'felt' like something wasn't right there. Was odd.

I also think the human brain is very powerful and add things like tiredness and maybe peoples desire to see a 'ghost' or to see a dead relative. And it can explain lot of peoples experiences. But i wasn't there and I have never seen a ghost, so who am I to judge!

Mike

Tiredness is a key factor here... my stepdad was doing a training excercise in the woods when he was in the paras... he had been awake for three days and had been running about for all of them, and he was walking through the woods during the night and saw a car go screaming past, him, he could see and hear it. it obviously didnt happen because it was a dense wood, it was all down to hallucination from sleep deprivation. you can die from lack of sleep before you doe from lack of food

Monkey, you keep talking about these kinds of energies that would have to do this, or have this effect, etc... but you forget that 100 years ago electrcity hadn't been discovered.  I think that makes my point clear - not everything will have yet been discovered that is out there today and so science can't prove anything 100%. 

Ok, so in the future we will find a molecule, that can pass through something that normal molecules cannot currently pass through. I have the ability to have that slight cockyness in me as to be honest we know that molecules cannot pass through a solid wall as there isn't enough room for them to fit through it. So a whole new "breed" of molecules would have to be found to make this possible. Also I think a molecule of this type would be very obvious and would of been found amongst all the others. Yes maybe they did see things but the ghost theory cannot be correct.

Didnt we discover an 10th planet in our solar system or something recently?  Wouldnt that have been glaringly obvious when we discovered the planets orbiting in the first place..? Oh wait...

Slightly different, discovering a new molecule ok. But not an entire new type of molecule. A new planet whooo big shits, a new type of planets like ones that roam from solar system to solar system is the sort of change we are talking.

I was just trying to get the point across that some huge things have been missed in science before, and a planet is a rather huge thing to somehow manage not to discover. Maybe the technology does not yet exist to discover such minute, smaller than molecule, things. If for the point of this argument you are going to tell me you believe that we have discovered everything about how our world works and science has hit its upper limit, then I think you're being clouded by your skepticism about the subject of ghosts, not about the possibility itself.

I was just trying to get the point across that some huge things have been missed in science before, and a planet is a rather huge thing to somehow manage not to discover.  Maybe the technology does not yet exist to discover such minute, smaller than molecule, things.  If for the point of this argument you are going to tell me you believe that we have discovered everything about how our world works and science has hit its upper limit, then I think you're being clouded by your skepticism about the subject of ghosts, not about the possibility itself.

Not saying we won't discover any more things, but if we have the technology to split atoms I think we could find a molecule that can slip easily through solid objects. Especially in military science as they could be used to no end.

Not saying we won't discover any more things, but if we have the technology to split atoms I think we could find a molecule that can slip easily through solid objects. Especially in military science as they could be used to no end.

Yeah, blah blah blah who gives.

Explain my experience then :lol:

Monkey, a wall is a solid. A being is a solid. Both solids are made up of atoms. The atoms have small gaps between them (properties of solids). I was watching Discovery once upon a time and the scientist matey said that one solid could pass through another if it's atoms were vibrating fast enough. In effect, the atoms sort of break down momentarily, which is when passing through can take place.

SOOOO... maybe ghost people have atoms buzzing like shit. which enables them to pass through shizzle.

Of course I can't prove it, and I don't think anyone has yet. But the theory says it's all good. Don't be so quick to write something off just to stand out, ma'hatey.

Monkey, a wall is a solid. A being is a solid. Both solids are made up of atoms. The atoms have small gaps between them (properties of solids). I was watching Discovery once upon a time and the scientist matey said that one solid could pass through another if it's atoms were vibrating fast enough. In effect, the atoms sort of break down momentarily, which is when passing through can take place.

SOOOO... maybe ghost people have atoms buzzing like shit. which enables them to pass through shizzle.

Of course I can't prove it, and I don't think anyone has yet. But the theory says it's all good. Don't be so quick to write something off just to stand out, ma'hatey.

Actually if the atoms were moving that fast one of the solids or both would turn into liquids causing them to pass through each other.

Actually if the atoms were moving that fast one of the solids or both would turn into liquids causing them to pass through each other.

Or gas, Mr monkey i'm with you, however just because there is no proved scientific theory that ghosts can pass through solid walls etc, it don't mean that they cant exist full stop?

So i did a bit of reading...

EMF Flaws. An explanation of the way ghosts could be created, (all speculation still)

Articles ~ Hypothesis and Science articles ~

http://www.paranormalresearchonline.com/ghosts.html

I'm with Mr Monkey on whtever he says on hear, i dont believe any of these things you all have apparently heard or seen are real, but im not saying you didnt see them, a humans mind is very complex and does control how images and even sounds are registered to you, it can easily make you see something you want to see or hear something you want to hear although its not really there or you cant really hear it.

and also

and a planet is a rather huge thing to somehow manage not to discover

this 'apparent' 10th planet is over 8 billion miles away from the sun, and in comparison to where pluto is they couldnt beleive that a planet so far away could be in orbit with the sun as its over twice as far away from the sun as pluto is, thats why they didnt think it was a planet, they knew it was there, but didnt think it was a planet :lol:

Edited by Bondy

Its so piddly and small, even more so than pluto, that its not actually classed as a planet

Floating space turd. Also the Matrix is a film, you class something as real as something you believe in, but I class something as real if it's proved by science. I don't think Jesus is real but some other people will.

Floating space turd. Also the Matrix is a film, you class something as real as something you believe in, but I class something as real if it's proved by science. I don't think Jesus is real but some other people will.

Problem is, nothing is proved by science. Its all theories. You speak to any physicist, and they will tell you that what they think is right now will probably be classed as wrong soon. They just come up with an idea thats fits, until its proved wrong by new research.

So, to be fair, they are just guessing.

Problem is, nothing is proved by science. Its all theories. You speak to any physicist, and they will tell you that what they think is right now will probably be classed as wrong soon. They just come up with an idea thats fits, until its proved wrong by new research.

So, to be fair, they are just guessing.

Yes SOME of it is theory, but things such as the Cohesion Tension theory is called a theory but it works all of the time as plants use it to pull water up their stems to their leaves etc. If it didn't work they would DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

Is this topic slowly turning into 'I'm more smarter than you'? Don't humans not use all of the brain? Maybe seeing something that cannot be explained is just the start of human evolution. Who knows what we will be like in the next 100 or 1000 years?

Jay :lol:

Edited by Jay Jay

Is this topic slowly turning into 'I'm more smarter than you'? Don't humans not use all of the brain? Maybe seeing something that cannot be explained is just the start of human evolution. Who knows what we will be like in the next 100 or 1000 years?

Jay :lol:

It would still go against the laws of physics. It isn't turning into any type of competition it's actually a remotely interesting debate that we can have an opinion on.

It would still go against the laws of physics. It isn't turning into any type of competition it's actually a remotely interesting debate that we can have an opinion on.

The "laws" of physics change about every twenty years! All of those theories about gravity were supposed to be what was correct not that long ago, and they still teach it to you at GCSE, but when you progress they tell you that these laws are no longer correct because they discovered something new about them.

Physicists admit that they have so much to learn, and experiments taking place daily are consistently proving theories wrong.

For example... the speed of light is the fastest anything can go... a fundamental part of most theories to do with light and energy, everything would go kapput if that was proven wrong... but it has. Electrons have been found to be communicating over vast distances in nanoseconds, proving that the communication they share is faster than the speed of light (basic speed=distance/time)

So these are ideas are for the moment the best we have.. physicists thought not ten years ago that an electron was the smallest thing in the universe, now the have discovered quarks. which they think are the smallest thing in the universe. and they dont even slightly understand quarks, because they dissprove so many theories. quarks always come in pairs, and unlike anything else, when you try to seperate them, the bond between them becomes stronger. when you actually manage to seperate them, two new quarks appear next to the seperated quarks, back with the original bond. They dont understand how something can come of nothing, but it means that there is something smaller going on that they dont understand.

In other words, and to quote my physics lecturer, "We dont have a clue"