One Handers

PaRtZ

Hi I've just been out trying to do one handers on the back wheel and I really cant hold them for more than 1/4 of a second. Any help? Im tucking the bar + stem into my guts so my face is nearly on the front wheel

Advice welcome

cheers :'(

Yea i do pretty much the same....its really hard to do them for very long.

It sounds as if your doing everything right, just practice.

What i find hardest is getting my hand back on the bars though, i end up crushing my fingers under the brake lever.

I can do high fives with my friend but thats the best one hand thing so far...

I need some advice too really

Steve

I can do them... Fatmike taught me then when he was up in good old Scotland... hehehe :P

What to do is get your balancing point on the backwheel first before you try anything, when you've done that pull the bars closer to your belly and have either your left or right thigh underneath the bars, close to the stem also touching the toptube at the same time... this will give you good balance for when you take your hand of the bars :'( Also being able to do that helps you spin the front wheel too :(

There is a few shots of me doing it in my recent video if you want to have a look Here :lol:

Watson

:'( Just find the balnce point on back wheel.

:lol: Then turn your wheel to the left..soo the bars come into your side.

:( Take your hand off while still in this position in a smooth motion.

:P Use your body, and arm if you like, to balance you out.

:P Put your hand back on the bars. TIP: its hard to put your hand back on and grab onto the brake lever at the same time.

:ermm: Turn your bars straight

:lol: Gap about as if it was nothing :lol:" :D

Woo, I'm famous! :"> :(

I'm sure you've all seen the one hander on the 10ft high up pipe at the bike show, shortly followed by gap, gap, crash. :'( Good fun though!

Yeah, the guys up there ^^ Have got it pretty much nailed, just find the balance point on your backwheel, and try and be able to balance without hopping like mad, then when you're balanced turn the bars clockwise (left hand up) slightly, release your front brake, and let your leg rest on the top/down/head tube. This last point is optional, although it does help, imo, it doesn't look as good.

Just release your hand when you're balanced, blow a kiss to the crowds, wave, spin your front wheel, check the time :lol:" , and then just grab the bars.

It just takes practice, balance, and a little Fatmike in all of us. Haha.

Good luck.

I think that you are all over complicating it!

All you gotta do is get on the backwheel, get balanced, tense up your body so the bike won't slop when you let go and just take you hand off.

If the bike starts to fall forwards slightly just try to move with it so you don't end up pulling on the bars and twisting em.

Try doing a crank flip on the backwheel. Iv almost got it, i just cant get my front foot on the pedal quick enough :-

I can do normal crank flips just roling along though :lol: (Y)

I can do them... there really hard though... I'm to scared to do them off a drop so I'm still practising them on the flat the now, then when i get better and feel safe i'll try and do them with some height... might try and learn to crankflip thenm sidehop like CLS... its pretty sweet :P :P

Watson

One handers on the back wheel are pretty easy if you practice what people have said here, just pop up onto the backwheel, pull the bike steep then let go of handlebars with your front brake arm then stretch it out You should be able to hold it for a second or so before the bike drops and you return your hand to land.

Try doing a crank flip on the backwheel. Iv almost got it, i just cant get my front foot on the pedal quick enough :-

I can do normal crank flips just roling along though (Y) :P

yeah they're easy i can do them

iv seen loads of people do them but they lean over and almost rest on the bars :lol:

i just balance then launch into a crank flip.

heres a couple of pics of me a while back.

crankflip2.jpg

crankflip.jpg

Is it easier to do crankflips on flat or on the back wheel

If you mean ones where you just jump up and then flick the cranks (Rather than standing on the back tyre), I'd say they are probably easier on the back wheel. Well, they are easier to start spinning, but I am too proud of my shins to try and land them :"> On the flat, they are harder to start, but easier to land :-

If you mean ones where you just jump up and then flick the cranks (Rather than standing on the back tyre), I'd say they are probably easier on the back wheel.  Well, they are easier to start spinning, but I am too proud of my shins to try and land them :"> On the flat, they are harder to start, but easier to land :-

ah il start trying on the back wheel, cheers

Yeah, the guys up there ^^ Have got it pretty much nailed, just find the balance point on your backwheel, and try and be able to balance without hopping like mad, then when you're balanced turn the bars clockwise (left hand up) slightly, release your front brake, and let your leg rest on the top/down/head tube. This last point is optional, although it does help, imo, it doesn't look as good.

Just release your hand when you're balanced, blow a kiss to the crowds, wave, spin your front wheel, check the time  (Y)" , and then just grab the bars.

I may have missed something but: if your left hand is going up, you wont be holding the back brake on anymore, thus, dieing. (Y)

I may have missed something but: if your left hand is going up, you wont be holding the back brake on anymore, thus, dieing.  (Y)

It took me all the way till this post for me to realise that...... (Y)" lol