Nbr Trials Comp 2005

that NBR dude

How much would you be willing to pay, with proceeds going towards DJ's memorial?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• £5
    • £6
    • £7
    • £8
    • £9
    • £10

Ok, have been given to go ahead to do the comp, which will be on the 21st August in Fryers Field, West Moors. Those of you who attended the demo will know where that is.

Just need to know some things from you guys:

How much you are willing to pay - (poll)

How many sections/laps you would like

Is just 2 routes ok (Blue & Red) or would u like a white as well

Im also looking towards companies to maybe display advertising in return for some items to raffle off, to make as much possible money for the DJ memorial fund.

I also need to know provisional numbers as well, as I need to raise £500 for the rental of the land/insurance

thanks a lot guys

Andy

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

I'd happily pay £10 if I knew all 'profits' were going to the Deej fund.

Dave

Thanks Dave (Y)

All the money, aside from the £500 is going towards DJ's Flower garden memorial, not into my pocket or anything. All trophies/obstacle rental/ect is coming out of my own pocket, so please do your little bit :D

Also, Sue, I know its quite a treck down here, but it would be great if you could come along, and hope fully we can present you with a big novelty cheque or something near the end of the day. I'll talk to you on msn about it :D

I think, although doing this will reduced the money going to the DJ memorial garden, that £6 is seen as not much, but more than £7 is where you realise it quite alot. Or is that just me? However, i never let price get in the way of doing a comp, so i don't think it matters that much.

(Y)

I voted £10, most comps are heading that way, and if the proceeds are going to the fund then most people will not mind paying that bit extra.

I think it would be a good idea if you could set out the three routes, white/blue/red. I take it this will be more of a fun comp than anything too serious? If so then you will need to accomodate the total beginners as well.

Im also looking towards companies to maybe display advertising in return for some items to raffle off, to make as much possible money for the DJ memorial fund.

Good idea, get companies to "sponsor" sections and provide something for a raffle in exchange.

Just my 2cents for you, hope it helps. All the best for the event

Hey Andy,

£10 doesn't seem like too much to me, although the idea of you paying for trophies seems a little silly, take it out of the entry fee and there'll still be a decent amount for the DJ memorial fund - after all this is technically a competition and not a fundraiser.

The Red and Blue route concept seems fine, but you'll have to have a good think about how difficult you make each section, considering what standard of riders are coming and what they'll be expecting. The last thing you want is loads of riders finishing on 0 dabs.

Either three laps of 7/8 sections or two laps of 10 would be fine, Essex usually go for three laps of 8. Sounds like it will be a really good competition, and if you want (let me know now so I can book holiday) I can help you with preparation on the Saturday and Sunday morning.

Stephen.

Either three laps of 7/8 sections or two laps of 10 would be fine, Essex usually go for three laps of 8. Sounds like it will be a really good competition, and if you want (let me know now so I can book holiday) I can help you with preparation on the Saturday and Sunday morning.

Stephen.

Cheers Steve that would be awesome!!

I will need as much help as possible setting up, and if people are coming a fair distance, im sure some can crash at my place, and I'll buy you a pint afterwards to say thanks (Y)

Im going to companies in the next few days to sort out the kit. We are hoping to have 6-7 companies give stuff for each section, so each one will be sponsored by a different company (Travis Perkins, Fern Demolition, ect)

Thanks Wally, some pads would be awesome. I'll talk to you on MSN about it in the next few days :wub:

Also, as there isnt a train station for 10 miles, if there are a small handful of people who can only travel by train, I will organize a lift to and from the station, but I will need to know numbers well in advance to know how many cars I need.

The cost of the tickets are still being debated, but I will need to ask for money in advance, sent with the entry form. Lack of financial backing is difficult to get stuff organised, so the sooner people can devote and send money, the easier it will be :-

Also, Tarty, I will talk to you more about it on MSN, but are you still good for setting up a stand? Theres a small fee for the land, but I shouldnt think it would be too great. I can supply a gazebo if you need one as well. as I say, I will get you on MSN at some point and get better details.

Andy

So where abouts in the country is this?

Id be willing to help with the preparation dependant on where it is.

Will be my first comp if I go so would be nice to see how its all set up. :lol:

Thanks,

Callum

Its in a small village called West Moors, which is roughly 10 miles noth-ish of Poole. Any help setting up will be greatly appreciated :(

For a mapquest map, use the post code BH22 0LH as thats roughly where it is.

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

Its in a small village called West Moors, which is roughly 10 miles noth-ish of Poole. Any help setting up will be greatly appreciated  :lol:

For a mapquest map, use the post code BH22 0LH as thats roughly where it is.

Just searched on multimap tis abit for for me to go.

Thanks anyway,

Callum