Have You Ever Downloaded Music Illegally?the Poll

biketrialler

Have you ever downloaded music illegally - ie limewire, kazaa, soulseek, winmx, torrent etc. Where you dont pay for the music you recieve.  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever downloaded music illegally - ie limewire, kazaa, soulseek, winmx, torrent etc. Where you dont pay for the music you recieve.

• Yes, I have downloaded illegally
    • No, I only have music that i've bought in an actual shop or on a reputable online download store (eg iTunes Store)

if the artists were poor and living in abandoned council houses then fair enough,

but most if not all of them are millionaires making huge profits doing what they apparently 'love' doing.

they should stop beefin and realise how great their lives actually are.

same goes for the record companies and whoever else is beefin about lack of sales.

Tha fact is, albums aren't worth £12 nowadays. Bands recently have been shite, with one or two good tracks and a whole list of fillers.

If a good album comes out that i like, i'll buy it, but otherwise, if its there for the taking, i'm gonna take all i want.

The interesting stat is that record sales have actually continued to rise, 12% more sales than before last year. Its down to the concept of them believing that people would buy everything that they download. They think they've lost sales, when in fact they would have never had them anyway.

yeh i can see that being true.

if someone comes across a new song/band on p2p then they are likely to go out and buy an album or two.

what happens if you get caught and fined but don't pay up? do you got o jail and how long for?

Albums in the US are stupidly cheap compared to here. I think they're like £6-7 each, rather than the £14 or whatever you pay for new releases/chart albums here. If CDs were half the price, I would easily buy three times as many and there would be much less excuse to download...

Me - I don't really download music. But I used to quite a lot - in the days of Napster (When we all thought it was legal (Y) ). I'm sure even the two people that voted "no" have downloaded the odd song/ used Winrar for longer than the 30-day trial period or something :D

An album these days as said above is what, £14. And the actualy cd and the box wont cost any more than 10p. They should be, like £2 rrp. Maby less.

I used to spend so much money on cds, but now I can't afford that and to be honest I bought some shite cds too, just because I heard one song I liked or read a review and it sounded good! (I bought good ones too (Y) ).

But downloading is good way to sample a band before you spash out your hard-earned cash.

But what about downloading stuff you already own on cassette and vynal, is that illegal? (I do mostly that)

Or what about stuff from bands that weren't popular to start with and its hard to find there stuff on cd? For example pre-cowboys from hell Pantera when they sounded like a cross betweem van halan and judas priest. You can't buy that stuff in shops and to buy on ebay it costs uber-£££. So downloading is the only way

mike

About 99% of people on this forum do...... :wub:

And you find that surprising?? (Y)

As soon as I saw the topic title I thought to myself ahh I bet there are a lot of people you said yes!

I do download music for the pure simplicity of it all!

It's just so easy to do, sat in the comfort of your own home, click a few buttons, wait a while and you've got your perfectly good album!

Simple as!

I used to go out and buy a lot of CDs but that was when I was younger, didn't have a care in the world and didn't realize how important money actually is!

I just simply cant afford the stupid prices of CDs these days, the same as a lot of people!

I use limewire and torrentspy, both very good and simple.

I've downloaded all of my music which mounts up to a fair bit after a while, then theres things like films, games, software and videos!

Some people i've spoken to are against some kinds of downloading, e.g. my mate at work is strongly against downloading games because they rely purely on the sales of games to make profit. Hes not so against music because they are mostly millionaires anyway just raking it in and make money from merchandise etc.

I see his point but what the hell, downloading is so bloody easy.

I'm going to still carry on downloading or im going to become very poor.

Rob :- :D

You can get most albums for £10 in supermarkets.

I saw a program a while a go on TV about cd prices and on the average £12 album £4 of it is profit for the music shop and it turns out the band get less than £1 from it (Y)

I saw a program a while a go on TV about cd prices and on the average £12 album £4 of it is profit for the music shop and it turns out the band get less than £1 from it :wub:

only popular albums though... (Y) they don't have the choice of hmv or virgin or even smaller retailers!

I saw a program a while a go on TV about cd prices and on the average £12 album £4 of it is profit for the music shop and it turns out the band get less than £1 from it (Y)

Actually bands barely get any profit from the sale of an album. A record company usually says "Here's 4 million for an album" They take the money make the album all profit goes to a record company, or am I wrong?

Which 4 people have never downloaded music? I don't think anybody has never illegally downloadled music, as surely that includes sendage over msn/e-mail etc. I never buy cds, I figure if my mates have it I can copy it but I don't listen to all that much music, and all music to go in my car is copied because if someone broke into my car I'd rather not loose £20 a cd because I was an idiot and went out and bought rip off crud (Y) What ever really, I download, I don't care, people are listening and enjoying other peoples music, isn't that what it's all about :wub:

James :-