Gcse's

Dai the Socket

I have, earlier today. I printed it off, and the third question, about LCM - Lowest Common Multiple actually doesn't make sense. I've checked all my books, gone through the number's Factors etc etc and it doesn't work out.

Meh :huh: :blink:

it worked when i did it ! i was talking about question 7 . question A and B give the same answer ( thats what me and bondy think any way ) but in the answers they don't (Y) , but any way to late now i am just about to leave for the exam. Wish me luck . Good luck to any one taking exams !

Lil Dan

Just had maths higher, non calculator. Wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. Got harder towards the end, there wasn't much in there that i have learnt/revised recently, allways the way !

how did everyone esle find it ? oh yer and finished fairly early too! boredem !

Lil D

it worked when i did it ! i was talking about question 7 . question A and B give the same answer ( thats what me and bondy think any way ) but in the answers they don't (Y) , but any way to late now i am just about to leave for the exam. Wish me luck . Good luck to any one taking exams !

Lil Dan

Lol Yeah, I've found out how to do them properly now. I wasn't taking the biggest and finding the difference blah blah..

I had maths. I was grinning so much though it all. It asked me loads of stuff, and I knew like 80% of it for certain, and had pretty good guesses at it!

I was doing higher :huh:

Last Vector question was surprisingly hard. It was the 'show how this is parallel to AQ's Midpoint'or whatever.

Took quite a bit of working out. :blink:

I had maths. I had many a mixed feeling. I took the higher tier and it was f**king hard, I reckon I did ok, about 80% like mod661, but when I opened the paper, I missed the first couple of pages and just thought "Oooooooh f**k." I was about ready to lay some serious bricks until I realised I knew a load of it.

Defiantely the hardest paper I have ever taken. Wish it was as easy as Science...

Anyway, English tomorrow, not too bad at that.

Haz

Lol Yeah, I've found out how to do them properly now. I wasn't taking the biggest and finding the difference blah blah..

I had maths. I was grinning so much though it all. It asked me loads of stuff, and I knew like 80% of it for certain, and had pretty good guesses at it!

I was doing higher (Y)

Last Vector question was surprisingly hard. It was the 'show how this is parallel to AQ's Midpoint'or whatever.

I just did that paper... I started answering the last question then it occured to me that you could just say the angles either side of the mid points were the same so they run parrell to each other... Combined that with some jibberish and managed to do it :P

Overall I thought that was an okay exam. English paper 2 tomorrow :huh:

Maths went pretty well.. i actaully managed to understand and answer all my questions. got through it pretty quickly as well (Y)

did anyone find the answer the the graph one about P and Q?the one that had

Y= 25- (x-8)"/4? (i cant really remember if thats right) and asked u to work out the the coordinates of the y intercept and the highest y value.

i got (0, 7) for the first and (10, 22) for the second (the higest point in the graph)

this is edexcel again btw.. higher tier,

english paper 1 tomorrow does anyone know whats gonna be coming out here? are culture poems in this one? :huh:

Maths went pretty well.. i actaully managed to understand and answer all my questions. got through it pretty quickly as well :)

Y= 25- (x-8)"/4? (i cant really remember if thats right)  and asked u to work out the the coordinates of the y intercept and the highest y value.

i got (0, 7) for the first and (10, 22) for the second (the higest point in the graph)

english paper 1 tomorrow does anyone know whats gonna be coming out here? are culture poems in this one?  :(

That was actually the only question I didn't answer hahaha. I got (0,7) lucky guess, I got part B) also.

Chai. I had that question on Mine :huh:

I got the (0,7) but couldn't work out the second (highest) point on the graph at all!

I just guessed something. Can't remember what. It had 14 in though Lol...

There were stupid marks given for really easy Indicies stuff too.

Like What is 5 (to the power of) 2 X 5 (to the power of) 4 in terms of 5?

Erm. Times means Add. So it's 5 (to the power of) 6 (Y)

And that's 2 marks. Yey. lol..

oh :huh: you could of told me earlier ! :P , no i didn't understand how to do that question at the end. Overall it wasn't too bad, i thought it was going to be much worse. I think the calculator exam is easier though. English tomorrow (Y) boo. I don't know which one i have as well to top it off ! Then graphics, any one here do graphics?

Lil Dan

thanks mavic :blink: anyway ive got english tomoz which im fairly worried about as english is one of my weaker subjects i also have electronic products tomoz which im also worried about as there is no revision materal for it at all (Y) anyway i will edit when ive done the exams :huh:

Pauly

oh (Y) you could of told me earlier !  :P  , no i didn't understand how to do that question at the end. Overall it wasn't too bad, i thought it was going to be much worse. I think the calculator exam is easier though. English tomorrow :blink: boo. I don't know which one i have as well to top it off ! Then graphics, any one here do graphics?

Lil Dan

Hehe... Sorry. It didn't come up in my exam anyway.

It's just writing 2 numbers out as factors of their prime numbers. Then getting the biggest, seeing what numbers are in it that aren't in the smallest, putting them onto the line, and multiplying it out :D

Quite simple really. No quadratic equations or Simultanious equations were on it!

That 0.39 recurring (the 39 bit) was ace. You had to prove why it was 13/33, I knew it and was grinning :D <- Like that, when it came up.

You just multiply it by 100x so it = 39.39 recurring, then 1x = the 0.39 recurring bit.

Take 1x from 100x, so it's 39 over 99x, which simplifies, to 13/33 :huh:

Ace. :D

I had to really concentrate not to start giggeling like a little girl when I knew that one. It was 6 marks I think too. Missed a couple of 3 mark Q's out though. Meh!

I'm doin' graphics / GraPHiX to those who can't spell...

Quite looking forwards, but there's always the time factor and I can't draw neither. I need an 'A' Performance to keep my grade too! lol...

A very happy nick....

About to learn about Blow and Injection moulding, printing processes, plastic types and then draw some fruit :P

Then read my English texts :P

yeh same all i want is my four cs to get in to college im not really botherd about "what exams i pass" because they make no difference :huh:

Pauly

exactly my atitude! My grades now won't help me appart from getting into college. It's when i am in college that i want to do well and that is what i want to pursue my career in ! (media)

Lil Dan

Maths went pretty well.. i actaully managed to understand and answer all my questions. got through it pretty quickly as well :P

Y= 25- (x-8)"/4? (i cant really remember if thats right)  and asked u to work out the the coordinates of the y intercept and the highest y value.

english paper 1 tomorrow does anyone know whats gonna be coming out here? are culture poems in this one?  :blink:

I figured out the highest to be (8,25) because when X=8 the - (X-8)"/4 bit means 0, so you get 25 the highest possible point? Tell me if I'm not making sense lol, I'm pretty sure that's right though :huh:

As for the rest of the exam I thought it was the hardest one so far but still wasn't panic mode hard. Plus being Ecexcel the boundaries are rock bottom so something like 29/100 marks means a B (Y)

yeh same all i want is my four cs to get in to college im not really botherd about "what exams i pass" because they make no difference :huh:

Pauly

Mate, well said (Y)

Your employer won't say that :blink: If you don't have a C in Maths, English and Science they may reject you on that basis.

exactly my atitude! My grades now won't help me appart from getting into college. It's when i am in college that i want to do well and that is what i want to pursue my career in ! (media)

Lil Dan

If you have the same A level/AS level/ w/e results as someone else then your employer would look at your GCSEs to make a final decision, so you might want to rethink that one.....fast

If you have the same A level/AS level/ w/e results as someone else then your employer would look at your GCSEs to make a final decision, so you might want to rethink that one.....fast

GCSE's are only useful until you have A-Levels. The End.