Goona Get A New Phone

Joe Papasnap Maher

Right, heres the crack !

Went up southend yesterday, went riding, come home, take phone out pocket and screen has cracked...internally, and is totally fooked, so i email the place the i got it from (online) and as its only 2 months old, its still under 12 month warranty so ill send it off today and hopefully get another one(and sell it on)....as i'm f**ked of with pay as you go..

I seem to be putting more money on my phone, more than ever so i've decided to go contract as i've had enough of over the top priced phone calls, and 12p texts :lol:

In decision, i think going contract will work out MUCH cheaper.

So heres what i wanna know....can you tell me

What company seems to do best offers ( 02, orange, 3 :- i dunno, not very phone literate)

Also..looking for a tariff,and looking to pay no more than £20 a month..with like a bazillion texts, and a fair few minutes, ( not many, hardly ever ring people )

So Basically where should i start

ANY help would be appreciated.

Cheers Joe

Alot of the tariffs out there now are more text based, but they will all include some talk time be it 60 mins or 120 mins. My advice would be to get with one that gives you double minutes and texts for the first 3 months. They are a good deal as you will get lots of loverly texts and minutes for half the price.

Also go into a network shop, see what THEY have to offer you. In the network shops such as orange and Vodaphone they will be really nice and try to make you buy their tariffs. But in the high street shops that cater for all networks they will be more interested in earning there staff incentive bonus which is no help to you.

As for phones, go for a make which you know and trust. For many this will be Nokia. In the past when I have changed phones to a different manufacturer I have spent and good 2 weeks trying to figure it out and never really got on with the phone.

But bare in mind that the more expensive you contract is the cheaper the phones will be and visa versa.

Hope this helps

Fred :lol:

I'm thinking of doing the same (still got my trusty free 3310 but its starting to get a bit sensitive in its old age :lol: )

But yeah O2 seem to do the best deal for me (wanting the same as you - more texts than minutes). It's called 'Online 50', cost £19 a month for 500 texts and 50 anytime minutes, plus free phone obviously - click here

Only bad thing is, they don't do the phone I want at the moment.

Oh and I think, going on the name anyway, you have to buy it online - the High Street ones all seem more expensive.

Hope that helps

Gavin

you pay 19.99 for the phone today.

then at the end of each month you pay £19 for the line plus any additional use such as more calls (over the 500 msgs and 50 mins)

minimum 12 month contract

not too complex and good service i have been on it a year and im quids in and it so much easier :lol: only b*****d is they try to rob you blind when you upgrade

Joe you MAY have trouble when trying to order that phone yourself. As you are under 18. Meaning you are not aloud to have credit. When i tried to get me a V3 a few months back, they wouldn't let me.

Not sure though. Or get your mum to do it.

Joe you MAY have trouble when trying to order that phone yourself. As you are under 18. Meaning you are not aloud to have credit. When i tried to get me a V3 a few months back, they wouldn't let me.

Not sure though. Or get your mum to do it.

Christoph, I Mite go up kings lynn now...go in 02 see what they can do...

Another question ,...will i get as good a deal in a shop as i would online..??

im on the o2 online 50 tariff, its a good deal, 500 free texts, 50 free minutes at 19,99 a month, ad that quote down there includes the phone joe :lol:

Well pleased with it, best decision i have made in a long time :-

Tom

You can get the same deal in the shop, but your mum (or dad) will have to sign for the phone.

Edited by Tom Booth

No you won't. They do Online tarriffs for less, as, well I assume, it's because the site has less overheads than a shop? Staff etc.. Not sure though...

But yeah, cheaper online...

My sister got the online 50 deal in store as she had seen on the internet

Edited by Tom Booth

I wouldn't get a Motorola though. Not unless you're a fashion fag :lol: They are a bit crap (I had a v600). Nokia every time I reckon (not smart phone though), or I had a Samsung d500 briefly. It seemed nice too. To be honest, I really like my 3220. Not an expensive phone, but it's got a colour screen, and does everything I need it to do (I.e talk to people and text them). It's small too...

I say: Get the best phone you can (for free), sell it on eBay and then use some of the leftover money to get a 3220 :-

I wouldn't get a Motorola though.  Unless you're a fashion fag  :lol:  They are a bit crap.  Nokia every time I reckon (not smart phone though), or I had a Samsung d500 briefly.  It seemed nice.

Well, my brothers gf has that v3 and when i had a play about on it...it seemed pretty awesome...., and i want a flip phone...cant be arsed phones, that i can scratch the sceen whislt in pocket :-