Got My Avid.

JT!

Just whatever you want.  Avid recommend FlackJackets/FullMetalJackets (They would  :P ), but I'm just running bog-standard brake cable and it works A-OK  :D

Can you get a single housing and cable from CRC, I only see sets, or am i going to have to wander to my LBS.

Mind you it wouldn't hurt to have spares. :D

Edited by JT!

OK, got it now, two questions.

Why didn't anyone mention i would need a trox wrench?

And are disc mounts on the forks suposed to be thredded, if they are, mine arn't, and the arn't meant to be, then how do i mount the brake on with just two allen keys. Should i have been supllied with nuts for the other side.

Thanks (Y)

hi! erm well theyre not supposed to be threaded you see the black mounting calliper has threads in! you just srew it to your mounts on the fork, read the manual! (Y) :D erm got to your lbs and they should put the rotor on for free or just get allen key rotor bolts. cheers

Edited by scott-mad

hi! erm well theyre not supposed to be threaded you see the black mounting calliper has threads in! you just srew it to your mounts on the fork, read the manual! (Y)  :D  erm got to your lbs and they should put the rotor on for free or just get allen key rotor bolts. cheers

Yeah, but how do......

Sorry, i'm f**king stupid, just wordeked it out. i was thinking the brake goes on the left hand side of the mount, not the right hand side. Duh.

OK, another problem.

It wont fit. (Y)

The brake wont actualy go onto the mount so that the disc is between the pads. It like a good 1cm off. Am i doing something stupid?

Edited by JT!

Probably...

Your right matey. (Y)

:">

The problem i have now is that the bolts are hitting the disk, but i'm sure a hack saw will cure that. :D

Edited by JT!