Trials Specific Shoes

trialsking 55

I thought most trials specific shoes had ankle protection of some sort because of the biu rule.

but there is a difference between how good it is on each shoe.. just because you have to have ankle support doesn't mean it has to be good ankle support..

I think the rule states that the shoe must cover the ankle and thats it. So your probally right. A stupid rule because a shoe with a bit of material over the ankle offers no more protection or support than one without.

You always have to put me down don't you ^_^

But yeah fair enough :- Would look a bit silly though wouldn't it? (Man who has never seen ankle supports with trials shoes before)

James :P

sam wheeler uses these fox ankle supports. you cant see them, so they dont look silly james.

im going to get some because i allways catch my ankle on my piston on side hops and it really hurts :P

so i will be wearing trials shoes WITH ankle supports and they will look ubber cool james :D

Even shoes which just have a small amount of material covering the ankles, is a lot better than having no ankle support.

If you tighten your shoes properly then you can feel the difference, it makes it a LOT harder to roll over onto your ankle, so I would defo have ankle support now, as it does make you feel more comfortable on the bike, and when you jump back and your ankle goes to roll, your foot kind of stops and springs back.

Trials shoes = well worth it, whether it be ribo, koxx, yik or monty, they are worth it.

Phil.