Trials Specific Shoes

trialsking 55

my riding shoes are strarting to look a little wrecked so i'm looking for some new one - trials specific so dont say something like globes or whatever because i want trials specific and they ain't my bag anyway.

so i think ribo seem the best after reading what people think of them (if you disagree with this then please post). where is the ceapest place i can buy them?

cheers :turned:

To be honest i ahve seen alot of Ribo's falling apart or ripped. I would say the best soles to have are the davos style, have you considered the new monty shoes coming out next week? They seem really good and very quick to put on unlike other riding shoes. Take a look at the news section on the cleanbikes web page:Here

I have to admit i do like ribos but i dont want to go and spend £90 on a pair of trials shoes then go and rip them. the monty shoes have always been great quality and last me until i grow out of them or wear them so much the soles wear out.

-Hugh

What ever you do don't get the try-alls, ribbo seem to be the crem de la crem at the mo.

:turned:

I've seen loadsa Try-all's fall apart. More than Ribo's to be honest. That's why I decided to get Ribo's over them.

They are expensive but they're really durable and they're really strong, so it's really hard to rip them or anything. I haven't done it to mine anyway.

They're decent. If I had the money. I'd get some again, put it that way :)

Danny, trust me, you will regret getting trials specific shoes. I know you said don't say it, but just get proper trainers. Last longer, cheaper and you don't look a twat.

By the way, im basing that on what other people have told me about trials shoes. I've heard nothing but bad news really. Jack's Try All's fell apart after only afew week, Danny (Foster) had Ribo's, they didn't last long and he's back to Vans, and I'm pretty sure Tange has said his are f**king up pretty quick aswell.

Edited by CH!P

I've been riding myTryall shoes preety hard up untill now, got them a week ago, and they havn't shown any signs of wearing and seem to grip really well on my pedals (which I was surprised about as others don't grip to anything, i.e. Wayne King) But for £65 I think there ok, if they last me 6 months I'll be happy because they do feel alot easier to ride in than my etnies, which I thought were grippy untill my padals killed my sole...

So Tryall's if you want something cheap but as people say, dont expect them to last forever especially on platform pedals where the pins will rip them apart...

James (Y)

EDIT: Im such an idiot sometimes...Wait for the new Yik (orsomething) shoes from Select Bikes, £60 I think and Craig/Neil/Porter will be sporting a pair so see how long they last on them :deej:

Edited by zoojames

Danny, trust me, you will regret getting trials specific shoes. I know you said don't say it, but just get proper trainers. Last longer, cheaper and you don't look a twat.

By the way, im basing that on what other people have told me about trials shoes. I've heard nothing but bad news really. Jack's Try All's fell apart after only afew week, Danny (Foster) had Ribo's, they didn't last long and he's back to Vans, and I'm pretty sure Tange has said his are f**king up pretty quick aswell.

its because they ride like mongholes on the peddles... get ribo's...

i hate it when people say.. ooo dont get trials shoes when they haven't even actually used them for themselves.. and also i hate it whne people say "well ive heard of so and so breaking this and that" try it for yourself !!! its the only way

its because they ride like mongholes on the peddles... get ribo's...

i hate it when people say.. ooo dont get trials shoes when they haven't even actually used them for themselves.. and also i hate it whne people say "well ive heard of so and so breaking this and that" try it for yourself !!! its the only way

thats this forum though aust, if its not zoo or echo its going to get slated even though it hasnt been tried.

i know im going to get slated for that comment, but i really couldnt care less cause its true.

what about some yik trials shoes from www.selectbikes.com?? or are they no good cause they are not try-all of ribo? (Y)

I have some tryAll's got them 2 or 3 weeks before christmas. I really like them with the ankle support. I used to hit my ankle off crank and cut it. The shoes stopped that, but are a bit cut up now. I have noticed some holes in the rubber, im happy with them though and might buy a new pair. Would like to try some other ones, maby lighter with a bit more movement.

Cheers (Y)

Rich

I've been riding Ribos since Christmas, and I thoroughly recommend them. Mine seem to be showing very, very little wear for the last 4.5 months of riding. I threw them in the washing machine after a particularly muddy ride a few weeks ago and they came out looking almost like new.

More importantly though, they're great for riding in. They offer good grip (stick to VPs like nothing else), some ankle support (this is fairly minimal though) and a sole with just the right amount of stiffness. Plus, unlike many 'normal' trainers, they attach to your foot properly (velcro and ratchets!) - so you don't find your foot squirming around inside your shoe.

I've not used any other trials-specific shoes to compare, so I can't really recommend these over any (generally cheaper) others, I do recommend them in their own right though.

i've been looking at trials shoes recently. am recovering from an unstable, and now DOUBLE fractured ankle, which is due to having rolled the same ankle about 3 times in the last 2 years. so, am really interested in some that'll be fairly durable (at least 12 months use!) though i don't ride comp or natural, and offer a decen't amount of ankle support, in that they prevent rolling ur ankles. have always used vans nu skools. get about 2 years use out o them, and only replace because the soles are that worn!

ribo's look pretty posh, but wud only shell out that much if they're gonna last over 8-10 months. otherwise, anyone got experience with them 661 dualies? is the ankle protection for support, or just protection from knockin em on stuff?

smithy

i've been looking at trials shoes recently.  am recovering from an unstable, and now DOUBLE fractured ankle, which is due to having rolled the same ankle about 3 times in the last 2 years.  so, am really interested in some that'll be fairly durable (at least 12 months use!) though i don't ride comp or natural, and offer a decen't amount of ankle support, in that they prevent rolling ur ankles. [snip]

To be honest, if you're looking for good ankle support I'd not get the Ribos. When I say 'minimal ankle support' I really mean minimal. In this picture you can see the black 'ankle sock' bit - that's the bit with the little cf patch, most clearly visible on the back blue shoe. This 'ankle sock' is made of some sort of lycra mix, and is basically all the ankle support you're going to get (except the plasticy cf-look patches, that don't really seem to do anything).

I actually quite like them like this, as it minimises any restrictions on your movement, but if you have problem ankles I'd be inclined to either look for different shoes, or expect to need some form of additional support.

Well in my opinion, my circa MA707's are far superia to any other shoes or trials percific shoes i have seen. Because of they're extremely grippy nobberly sole, the great padding (making them super comfortable) and their classic brilantly manufacture. All for £50! ^_^

I think i will be keeping these for a while...