Skipping Freewheels!

STEVE-0

I mean hey.... i have not had any trouble with the ENO, its been amazing, but i cant afford to keep buying new jeans and trowsers and i lose riding time (15 mins) trying to get my trousers out the freewheel... lol that was meant to be funny :deej: . It seriousley is anoying. :deej:

Cheers (Y)

Rich

Yeah go profile, Even Eno's skip,

[sarcasm]Never heard of a Profile skip.[/sarcasm]

Haven't noticed any 'crap' being drawn to my freewheel either, seeing as it's kept well clear of most stuff. The only 'sketchy' bit would be the dirt seal by the pawls, but that's covered most of the time by your foot, and the crank itself. The only other way in is via the lockring/bearing/sealed bit, so that's unlikely too.

I just tie my shoelace around the bottom of my trouser leg and it keeps it all together. Managed to get my trousers shredded on my BMX the other day too (and this morning en route to school), and that's with a rear freewheel...

Mark

I'm moving from ENO to profile, bit worried about engagements going from 72 to 48, suppose ill get used to it.

As mark mathamticly said, they will feel exactly the same due to the gearing. :D

I mean hey.... i have not had any trouble with the ENO, its been amazing, but i cant afford to keep buying new jeans and trowsers and i lose riding time (15 mins) trying to get my trousers out the freewheel... lol that was meant to be funny :D . It seriousley is anoying. :deej:

Cheers  (Y)

Rich

3 words:

eBay

Cycle

Clips

May look stupid, but they sure do work. :deej:

I've had pretty much every hub going(Working in a bike shop does have its perks). The Eno is the best Value/Performance freewheel/hub i've had. Kings are good but still skip once in a while and have such a price penalty.

The Eno trials has 3 normal pawls then 3 longer pawls so although it make "Skip" you never loose drive.

I've currenty got an ENO on my Monty x-lite mod and i've recently switched back to a ENO front freewheel on my Monty 231ti stock. I had a king on the stock but i'm gonna stick with the ENO its been brilliant.

(Y)

The Eno trials has 3 normal pawls then 3 longer pawls so although it make "Skip" you never loose drive. 

Yeah, same here - I've only ever noticed it's skipped because I haven't had quite the same amount of power as I was expecting ('cos you have like 5° of 'dead stroke' as it were between the pawls), and it made a 'bang'. That's it, really (Y)

Yep, basically :deej:

Because when you think about it, you're running a gear ratio which gives you a mechanical advantage. For each rotation of the cranks, you're rotating the backwheel a different amount, depending on the gear you're running. This basically means that when you spin the hub, one revolution of the crank will mean that in your case, the hub will rotate 1.2 times. Because of this, you're getting all the seventy-two engagement points, plus the other engagements from the other 0.2 of the rotation of the hub.

Therefore, you get 86 engagement points (Y)

Yeah, pretty much. I got mine for £70 from "Jimbo" (James Lim) on here, although I don't think he's got any more up for grabs. But yeah, £69.50's not too bad, as long as it's brand new/boxed (Y)

I think the RRP is around £80-85 from most places, to give you an idea.

I've finally worked out what has been skipping!!

It was my fixed rear wheel! It has broken inside therefore began to move. The prawls were still working though because it was skipping. The locktite didn't really seem to work though, i didn't really even set properly, (Y) .

Probably going to buy a new hub now.

Steve

I'm still going to buy the ENO btw.

Edited by STEVE-0