How High Are People Sidehopping These Days?

Damon W

I've done about 41/42 onto something. Can comfortably do 37/38 or less.

i think im doing about 41" tops these days on a T-Rex

Im pretty much the same! I can do around 50" to pedal though and my bumps are heading towards the 45" mark now but that only to two wheels.

I can probably bump about the same size wall as my sidehop to rear wheel, is anyone elses sidehops and bumps about the same???

EDIT: oh yea and just for reference, my t-rex with a 2mm spacer and onza bar and stem has a bar height of 38" quite low compared to others whcih are more like 39" or 40".

Edited by STEVE-0

haha, wasn't having a go, i'm just stupid and don't know what 'plug' means.

I can't fault my bike, especially the components, i'm just bored of riding being stressful, because i can't make that 47'' tap when i did 52'' before..or whatever it may be. Riding is just no fun anymore, even though i'm cruising round on my dream bike.

I can't fault my bike, especially the components, i'm just bored of riding being stressful, because i can't make that 47'' tap when i did 52'' before..or whatever it may be. Riding is just no fun anymore, even though i'm cruising round on my dream bike.

That offer for the swap is still open. :deej:

I will throw in a free set of Planet-X Knifen forks too? :D

Sidehop? I'm honestly not sure, i think i can do like 20" :P Never really practised them, i will start to though, as im getting bored of riding the same level of stuff for the past 4 years. (Y)

It's because you don't have a BT anymore innit (Y)

are people actually measuring stuff or just quessing? im pants at sidehops but im concentrating on them alot now can only get 36" to wheels though and 33" from grass :">

what i do is measure the height of my bars (around 37") then compare them to the wall ur getting up :(

not sure on everyone else thou..

Will

i'm just bored of riding being stressful, because i can't make that 47'' tap when i did 52'' before..or whatever it may be

I know what you mean, that's why I ride for fun now and for myself. If I started comparing my riding with CLS or Neil T I'd quit straight away. Riding for me has always been about me against an obstacle, pushing my own limits. That doesn't mean I'm not inspired by watching those guys, or Matt for that matter, but at the end of the day I'm always going to ride to push myself rather than compete with anyone else.

And as for that 64" sidehop Matt... I seriously hope that was to pedal. Otherwise I quit!!! :(

Dave

I know what you mean, that's why I ride for fun now and for myself. If I started comparing my riding with CLS or Neil T I'd quit straight away. Riding for me has always been about me against an obstacle, pushing my own limits. That doesn't mean I'm not inspired by watching those guys, or Matt for that matter, but at the end of the day I'm always going to ride to push myself rather than compete with anyone else.

And as for that 64" sidehop Matt... I seriously hope that was to pedal. Otherwise I quit!!!  :(

Dave

please tell him that personally... he needs some senses like that in his head... :(