What Rear Rim Does Benito Run?

Will Arnold

yeh, its a koxx rim. he does them him self, You can buy a full 'Benito' bike driect from him at an extra cost.dont think the rims are worth it though, alot weeker for a little weight loss. stick with the circles!!!

Edited by ryan

yeh, its a koxx rim. he does them him self, You can buy a full 'Benito' bike driect from him at an extra cost.dont think the rims are worth it though, alot weeker for a little weight loss. stick with the circles!!!

I very much doubt they would be that much weaker. Especially with some of the moves benito pulles (Y)"

May be wrong though...

Edited by philking

Wouldn't the corners be an area where stress would rise significantly though, and get focused on a tiny area? With a circle there's no real worry about cracking as there's no obvious place for the crack to start and thus the pressure start to tear the rim apart.

Couldn't you use something like a tenon drill to make square holes?

haha, when at the worlds last year I saw some of Benitos "minders" (he has a fair few of them) filing up the round holes to squares. Seemed like hard work (Y)"

He has like a full squad of people doing things for him.

i dont reccon he gets his dad to cutomize his rims if it takes 12 hours (Y) and it doesent even make much difference? :)

i reccon he used a jigsaw or something like that, unless the koxx factory made a small batch just for benito to use, like 10 or something?

meh

Will

Wouldn't the corners be an area where stress would rise significantly though, and get focused on a tiny area?  With a circle there's no real worry about cracking as there's no obvious place for the crack to start and thus the pressure start to tear the rim apart.

Couldn't you just round the corners off a bit?

I was at the worlds last year to. he has standard try-all silver rims but his dad files out each hole to make them square. i should think he does crack the rims because he had new wheels built up for each trial.

-Hugh

He nailed a 15foot drop, with out BLOWING! his wheel up

I would have thought a series of drill holes (there's a proper name for it but i can't remember it :mellow: ....Chain drilling maybe?) would be quicker than a hand file?

But then i guess you'd have to file it off anyway...

Hmm...

*Wonders off muttering*

haha

"If you see the picture, the first change you´ll see is the double high handlebar and the stem according to this new handlebar. In an elegant black colour, this conjunct improve the total height of the bike and now the riding position is more natural. The handlebar is very bulky and the stem is very lighted."

Monty Risers anyone? :mellow:

Olly.

Compare now full bike weights of benito ros' from biketrial-spain (8.620g)and oryginal koxx benito ross xtp from koxx.fr (8300g). Seems like there is no point for buying xtp direct from benito, cause it is heavier than oryginal ;p

Yeah, I know - for sure weights on koxx.fr are slightly "tuned" - they all smelled not good to me from the beginning.