What Are People Tapping?

JIX

I did 6 crates yesterday which is not really alot and didnt need a tap but tried 7 crates which measured to 39" and I got very close, was tappin it but couldn't quite get it! Probably because I was constantly gettin it and was just getting really tired!

O well will get it soon!

Rob :lol:

I did 6 crates yesterday which is not really alot and didnt need a tap but tried 7 crates which measured to 39" and I got very close, was tappin it but couldn't quite get it! Probably because I was constantly gettin it and was just getting really tired!

O well will get it soon!

Rob  :S

6 crates is quite a lot! Just above bar isnt it? Anyways, seven crates is a very good height to get if you do make it. I seem to find that my consistency with touchops varies from day to day, one day im flying up walls, next day i cant do them for shizzle :mellow:

Just measured my bar height...Which is 39" (stupidly high :turned:)

Anyways, my highest tap is about 6" over bar, making it 45".

It depends on the wall though, some walls i can get that every time, others it just doesn't happen...

I managed 51" on sunday, my highest ever is bout 52" but i dont practise them too much. i think i shuld because one day i can go out and tap 50" and the next i can barley do 47-48" !!

i do find though that when aiming the front wheel, when you look towards the object, you seem to look at the WHOLE thing instead of Exactly where youre ment to tap.. i improved soo much when i decided to aim for a certain groove or mark to throw the front wheel at, rather than riding towards it and randomly throwing the front wheel at it!

if yalll get what i mean..

Ry

PS... any one got nick mannings 59" tap pics yet?

6 crates is quite a lot! Just above bar isnt it? Anyways, seven crates is a very good height to get if you do make it. I seem to find that my consistency with touchops varies from day to day, one day im flying up walls, next day i cant do them for shizzle :(

Yeah just over bar height! Which is about my limit! When we set up the 7 crates it just looked so much bigger than 6, even though its only an extra couple of inches it makes a huge difference!

People are talking about tapping like 50" plus, WTF? Thats just silly!

Yeah I know what you mean, front touches are one of my favourite things but some days I can go out and tap loads but others im just dog!

Cheers Rob :( ;)

Can some one explain what a tap is?

I dont have a clue!  :">

It's called a touch hop, bump, slap, tap etc etc

It's where you hit your front wheel on the edge/close too, off an object ( i.e wall ) allowing this to gain you more height on getting up as the bounce from hitting the front wheel springs you up, so to speak :(

Edit: Beaten to it :(

Watson

Edited by Biker_Watson

It's called a touch hop, bump, slap, tap etc etc

It's where you hit your front wheel on the edge/close too, off an object ( i.e wall ) allowing this to gain you more height on getting up as the bounce from hitting the front wheel springs you up, so to speak :D

Edit: Beaten to it (Y)

Watson

Still dont understand.

Is it in your vid Watson?

Sorry for me being a spaz

Thanks,

Callum

The rubber in the tyre is compressed, and it rebounds firing you up the wall, from what I can tell.

It does help a lot though, which is why it's annoying I haven't learnt to do it consistently yet (Y)

How?

Sorry,

Callum

Say you can only get one full revolution of your cranks, up hill in mud and leaves due to no space for long run ups etc, or even less than a full revolution. Doing it straight would be a absolute arse since you put so much power down on the last kick your likely just want to spin out where as a tap you just try and get your speed (its hard to explain its just a lot more of a fluid motion), hit the front and it converts the forward momentum to upwards. Basically.. its useful in so many situations where pedalling constantly is a must and you need explosiveness with minimal speed. On street its just means you can get higher with less effort, but on natural i feel its more to do with everything i said above.

Correct me if im wrong, which im sure someone will be glad to do (Y)

Say you can only get one full revolution of your cranks, up hill in mud and leaves due to no space for long run ups etc, or even less than a full revolution. Doing it straight would be a absolute arse since you put so much power down on the last kick your likely just want to spin out where as a tap you just try and get your speed (its hard to explain its just a lot more of a fluid motion), hit the front and it converts the forward momentum to upwards. Basically.. its useful in so many situations where pedalling constantly is a must and you need explosiveness with minimal speed. On street its just means you can get higher with less effort, but on natural i feel its more to do with everything i said above.

Correct me if im wrong, which im sure someone will be glad to do (Y)

Yer how he said it ^^^, (too lazy to read it all but first sentance caught my eyes), I only do it with a half a crank turn mainly because I am scared of a full don't know why. Just learn it you'll understand.