So Much For The "tough" Ronnie

Corish

still makes a difference though. Ive only ground my rim once and ive had it for ages

4 is nothing, I had dents in it on the first grind so thats no difference, plus I have hard PSI, around 20PSI at 10Stone even my monty rim lasted longer with lower PSI :ermm:

corish

I have had the same grind on my ronnie rim now for about a month and a bit now and it still works well.

Four grinds will make a difference though, and the amount of pressure you run also makes a difference obviously

ronnie are solid, and dont u ever doubt that....

4 grinds? could be f**k all if u grind light, then again, if u grind hard, 4 grinds is enough to take away more than half the sidewalls!!!!

ronnies are solid as hell, check out the ronnie thread in sites/pics/vids.

ive been running my ronnie for 6 months now, and depsite several large dents its not flat spotted at all, and its a fecking tough rim!!!!

and 20psi is NOT a hard presure, 40psi+ is hard, 20 is soft as fook for any serious riding....

you try doing anything large with 20psi and you WILL be rimming out the whole time....

no doubt the reason you ahve kiled the ronnie !!!!

ronnies may weight a bit as tehy come from SC, but stick 1'' holes in them and they are a VERY respectable weight, with seemingly no loss of strength!

ive been running ronnie/reggie rims for about 6 months now, and i love them.

tehy didnt fall out of true at all for the first 4 months, so i decided to drill the holes bigger, ive not got 7/8ths holes in the front and 1'' in the rear, which is about as large as you can safely go

i hve now a very stiff strong, and relatively light wheelset

ronnies all the way :ermm: best rim to emerge sinse the 521 IMO

how on earth have you managed to do that!!

I have a ronnie on my stock and have been rimming out severely recently (17/18PSI) and havent managed to dent it at all. Thats after 3 light grinds and 6 months riding.

I weigh in at 11.5 stone too.

4 is nothing, I had dents in it on the first grind so thats no difference, plus I have hard PSI, around 20PSI at 10Stone even my monty rim lasted longer with lower PSI :ermm:

corish

maybe your more of a tank than you used to be... i saw your vid and you could eb smoother.. ive never had a problem with them.. and neither have my mates.. i grind my rim pretty much every day

maybe your more of a tank than you used to be... i saw your vid and you could eb smoother.. ive never had a problem with them.. and neither have my mates.. i grind my rim pretty much every day

What?!?!?! :ermm:

Is there anypoint in that