New Magura Pads

JonPace

Alright chaps,

When I went to pick up my frame the other day from leeson I was given a look around clive leesons workshop. There were a few parts sitting around on the side, 1 was a packet of maguras own brake pads that were a pinky red colour ie not koolstops!

I asked clive about em he sed he'd just got em in and that they were a new compound that was harder for trials presumably with ground rims.

Anyone know anything about these pads?! He wouldn't let me have any cause he only had 2 left for Kris! He also didn't know whether they were just a one off!

Cheers

Yeah the new kool stops are a pinky red colour.  ;) Mr Leeson says they are a new compound  :-

Both correct... theyre nothing special though.

All the HS33's (intended for trials bikes) seem to come with them now. Been standard on Onza bikes for months :D

My Friend got them on his Tmag if they are the one's I'm thinking of. There not much better if at all different after trying them.

But thats on a smooth rim, so if they are meant for a rim with a grind, who knows? I will grind his rim and find out ;)"

They came on my T-Rex and to be honest still seemed too soft to be used with a grind. Rather than gripping the rim they wore down really quickly and left a lovely red powder over everything! Reckon they'd be really good on smooth rims- They worked great on my chrome BMX rim !

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Steve-A runs kool stops on his chrome rim they are amazing ... And I think they are meant to be quite good on anodized rims.

Ime sure he does but donthold me to it  :"> .

Sam

There not exactly amazing, his brake is always slipping on ups and things where you need a brake to hold :)

Tom

P.S Why did we need to know that sam :o"