Braided Hosing.

kerley

The only thing to point out is that any anti-freeze/screen wash you may add could affect the seals in the long run. But then again you could say that there are so many people who have run this set-up for years without problems, that this is probabily not an issue ;)

i think it does affect the seals in the slave cylinders, as ive seen a couple blow up with using water + anti freeze. I run magura fluid in my goodridge hosing, and it's fine ;) lever doesn't really return slow, the brake doesn't feel too heavy (it feels better now that i have stopped using the RB lever) so i dont know why others have problems with it. Aparantly, the magura braided hosing feels nicer (but i cant see how the internal bore can be any wider, since the only real difference between magura hosing and the goodridge/hope stuff is it doesn't have the pvc coating over the braided steel) ;)

this thread has gone way to over the top.............................

its braided hose for god's sake..................

for cheapness i would go for the hope over the goodridge,

i have been using the hope braided cable for over a year now with no problems whatsoever......................

regards ash

ive and am still using braided.. simply due to kicking the cross over so much that it inevitably splits so bought a full set of magura braided hose. After about 8 months the rear cross over started leaking ( god knows why just did ) and put on a spare hose which wasnt the same it was unex braided hose. I like the magura, but the unex is pretty gay. The fittings are absalutely huge so i kick them anyway and are a bitch to tighten up, but atleast they arent cast out of cheese like the magura braided fittings (ive had one snap as ive tightened it leaving the thread inside the cyclinder). Its fully covered in plastic all along unlike the magura braided where you get the stuff you heat up and it shrinks where you want. But since its covered in the plastic stuff its not as manouverable as the magura braided. The inner diameter is pretty small but not much difference, i dont really notice anything at the lever probably due to running it so long.

So if you can understand what ive put.. theres nothing wrong with braided hosing at all infact i would only ever have braided on a cross over ( split a normal one atleast 4 times before ) due to rides being fecked up and as said if comp is your game then deffo worth it. The magura braided was best for me but to be honest anything would do.. if i ever need any more ill go for hope as its the closest thing to the magura braided which i cant seem to find being sold anywhere now ;) maybe on crc somewhere... anyway deffo go for it forget all this brake spongy whatever crap it means nothing in reality if you use water.

And overall... the PIMP FACTOR .... looks over function any day of the god damn week

The last bit is where it applies to trials riders - I've broken hoses a couple of times, its very annoying. Imagine if you fell off, and landed on your hose in the first section of a comp. £10 entry fee, £15 travelling expenses down the pan... braided hose would have just shrugged it off, and you could ride on, and they've pretty much paid for themselves in one ride.

I had the unex hose, slid down a rock sideways in a comp and somehow managed to unscrew the bulb like fitting at the slave (Y) Thats just me though :lol:"

£25 i was quoting for a Hope DISC hosing (braided) not the magura stuff, £30 is for the goodridge magura hosing JUST the rear length not the actual crossover.

Waynio.......................

Also tartys pric is correct for the stainless steel hope stuff :D (Y) i dont want there to be any arguements over it..............

i was on about the disc only stuff. sorry if anyone crossed wires on that 1 :lol: :)

:lol: ye cheers ad.

i just thort i would put a post to let people know i was correcting the post on me quoting for the disc hose and not magura then i got me good old fashioned price list (well Alan @ hope :P by belling him and asking) and get the correct price.

Waynio......................

I have been running a unex braided hose for over a year and a half now, with not one problem. I bought a rear black maggy and the hose together from supercycles (they fitted it) and although it has many marks on it, it has been very reliable, and is plastic coated too to stop it eating your frame :angry: