Magura Hose + Nuts + Olives

Urpedigreechumdog

I have some brand new hose, which came with the bleed kit and it came with some olives and barbed ends etc, but i'm not sure what bits connect to the hose.

Where are you trying to fit the hose? Ie. what part of the brake are you trying to fit it to?

Where are you trying to fit the hose? Ie. what part of the brake are you trying to fit it to?

I'm trying to fit it to the lever and the slaves, the hose at the minute is completely blank, i have the fitting to put in the hose but i'm not sure what bits go in where. The crossover is in, so no problems there, just the main hose (Y)

If it's the hose from lever to the piston, then you just need to cut the hose to length, slide the sorta nut/sleeve job on, then the olive, then poke the end with the olive on into the piston. Make sure the olive is down to the end of the hose though. You then just tighten it up, and then do the same as the lever end, but with the lever bolt going on 'fore the olive.

EDIT: You can also go to www.Magura.de and download a PDF version of the HS33 manual, which will help you too (Y)

http://www.magura.com/english/download/05/felgen_05_e.pdf

Thanks for everyone's help so far, i have sorted the hose out, but now i'm trying to bleed it :-

I'm a retard and this is my fisrt time and it is already going horribly wrong...

So far i have fitted all the hose as described by mark / magura. I have screwed the syringe into the slave and tightened it, and put the other tube into the lever (i tok the bleed bolt out first obviously. The lever's an rb lever, does this make any difference?) I go to pump the syringe and the pressure just builds up, it does not flow (Y) The tpa is all the way out and i can't think of what is going wrong now.

Please tell me what i've done wrong

Nick

Have you taken the little bearing out of the RB lever?

It should be just behind the bleed screw.

Yup, that's what sorted it all out :-

Now i need tips for bleeding cos i seem to screw it up everytime, i'm such a retard :- i'll be on my 4th go in a minute (Y)

Edit: I can now bleed to to point where the pads move in but have no power so they don't lock :P Is this because there is still some air in the system?

Edited by Urpedigreechumdog

Bleeding's a piece of piss (Y)

The way I've always done it with my Magura is (after checking the TPA's loosey goosey):

1. Take out the bleed bolt from the piston.

2. Attach the bleed hose to the syringe.

3. Suck in a full load of water into the syringe (thus filling the syringe and the hose).

4. Screw the bleed hose into the piston.

5. Undo lever bolt.

6. Screw in outlet hose.

7. Squirt through the first load from the syringe.

8. When I take the syringe out, I generally cover the end of the outlet hose with my finger just to stop the crap that's just come out of the brake (if there's any air bubbles, it'll stop them from going back in).

9. Refill syringe.

10. Just before you put the syringe back into the hose, let go of the outlet hose a bit so some water goes back through so there's no little air bubble at the tip of the bleed hose from where you took the syringe out.

11. Repeat until you get clear fluid coming out the other end.

12. Whip stuff out, do it all up.

13. Dial in TPA, and job's a good 'un.

That's the way I've always done it, and it's always worked perfectly for me. Of course you substitute whatever fluid you want for "water" up there.