Appeal Bands

Swize

How many of you have a Band?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you have a Band?

• Yes.
    • No.

I got one of thease appeal bands in the post this morning, havunt a clue when i ordered it but i have so.

I think they are turining in to more of a fashion item now and people are forgetting what they actually mean!

So I just wanted to no how many of you have them and the reason you brought it.

Cheers Sam :lol:

its starting to annoy me more and more the amount you see..not because of the cause but simply because i bet around 80% of the people payed over £1 for them, which at the end of the day means someone is pocketing money that should be going to charity. Its actually slightly disgusting in my eyes, for instance at uni there are people trying to sell the yellow livestrong bands for £5.. thats £4 more than what they are supposed to be sold at. Using a charitys own way of making money to gain profits for your self is just really damn low. Shows what the world we live in has turned in to... fasion statements

:lol:

It's pretty bad that people are getting bullied for the anit bully bands?

I have a wyvern special anti-wristband writsband!

Tom

EDIT: Oh and a make poverty history band :lol:"

They're going too far now, theres a band for everything!

Tom

Edited by PythonRider

I have a wyvern special anti-wristband writsband!

They're going too far now, theres a band for everything!

I have an elastic band with Livestrong written on it, it was advertised on here :lol:

The bands are going to far, there will be a 'scratch your arse' band or a 'i'm just popping down the shops, i'll see you in a minute' band soon.

The Make Poverty History ones have been out for ages, actually.

What's properly stupid, and which kinda shows the f**ktard nature of a lot of people, is the way that in places like TopShop, etc., you can now just buy random bands with words on them - not even charity things; they're just random bands (literally). It's really, really stupid and people seem to have forgotten the whole raison d'etre of the thing in the first place.

Still bandless, but there we go. I'll never be cool.

Mark

i knew this band thing was doomed ever since found my little sister buying livestrong bands on ebay , i questioned her reasons for it and she said " but theyre cool"

i asked her who's charity it was and she said

" neil armstrong "

:lol: , i dont see the point in them , the idea was good but people are exploiting it

You see these people wearing the 'Make Poverty History' bands because they look good with their £100 jeans and £60 t-shirt (no doubt produced in some poverty stricken sweat shop).

They must be too stupid to realise the ironic statement they're making with their clothes.

I hate these middle-class liberal idiots who enjoy telling us how we can make the world better, as long as they don't have to do anything that compromises thier comfortable lifestyles. I think there's gotta be slightly more dignity in not involving yourself in other peoples problems than there is in pretenting to care about them.

Dan

Edited by D-L-B

I have a Livestrong one which my mum got for me off a friend of hers at her work, he bought a box from America and sold them at school to raise money for the charity. I also have one that says UNITE and some other stuff on it (in another language), which is suposedly a Tsunami one, but my sister bought it and doesnt wear it so I thought I would, I wear the livestrong one because I recognise the charity I am supporting and the money is going to a good cause, not to look cool. It's rediculous how this has become what it is, with everyone wearing them just to look cool. The only other ones I would wear are the Racism in football one, Make Poverty Historry, the Radio 1 Anti-Bullying one (as I was bullied for 11 years at school) and the Breast Cancer one. But then If I had all them people would be like oh look at you trying to fit in, they dont realise that I personally would wear them to support the people who suffer poverty, bullying, or racism. But I can't be bothered to go and buy them because of the persona built around them these days.

I think there's gotta be slightly more dignity in not involving yourself in other peoples problems than there is in pretenting to care about them.

I think you're right. It'd be nicer still if we did care. But c'est la vie.

I wonder why  (Y)"

Hehe :lol:

i have a hillsborough justice campaingn one. bought it direct from the guy at the hillsborough justice campaingn shop. they are a really small charity n need all the money they can get to try n re-open the investigation into hillsborough to try n get the truth of what happened into the public instead of what the papers say.

£1 from www.contrast.org/hillsborough n you can make additional donations

hjcband.jpg

I have a Livestrong one which my mum got for me off a friend of hers at her work, he bought a box from America and sold them at school to raise money for the charity. I also have one that says UNITE and some other stuff on it (in another language), which is suposedly a Tsunami one, but my sister bought it and doesnt wear it so I thought I would, I wear the livestrong one because I recognise the charity I am supporting and the money is going to a good cause, not to look cool. It's rediculous how this has become what it is, with everyone wearing them just to look cool. The only other ones I would wear are the Racism in football one, Make Poverty Historry, the Radio 1 Anti-Bullying one (as I was bullied for 11 years at school) and the Breast Cancer one. But then If I had all them people would be like oh look at you trying to fit in, they dont realise that I personally would wear them to support the people who suffer poverty, bullying, or racism. But I can't be bothered to go and buy them because of the persona built around them these days.

Why not just give money to the charities then? It's the same difference, really, it's just that you don't get to have a band? You're still giving money to the charities which is the whole point? You wearing a band isn't going to cure cancer, but you giving money to a breast cancer charity is going to provide funds for them to try and do it? This is the whole point I don't get - it seems liek a lot of people are wearing them just as if to say "I'm great, I give to charity". I've given money to almost all the charities involved, but that's just 'cos I wanted to help out not just so I can get a band and say "lookit what I've done". This was all before the bands though so it's not like I'd have had them anyway, even if I actually wanted one...

Because if you give £x to charity then maybe you feel as if you havn't given anything cos you don't have anything to show for it. So if you can give £1 and get a fancy elastic band to go round your wrist then it might make you feel better about giving your money away. People might think that theyve given £x away for no reason but a band shows that youre also getting something from the charity. Like I said I wear it becuase I respect the charity, not because its fashionable.

So... which wrist do you wear it on? I've heard that the left wrist is most cool (Y)"

EDIT: Was aimed at SexyMarks post :lol: .

Edited by MonsterJ

Whats colours arnt there really the loads .

Make your own band

You could get some ov them to promote your bisness at the bike show like a yellow one with heatsink.com on,people would go on the site because the band told them to them buy some pads lol .

Edited by samthebiker