Bleeding A Disc Brake

munkee

If you are trying to bleesd a magura disc brake with a syringe as with the HS33 than this will not work. Disc brakes with a resivoir such as Hope, Magura and Grimeca then you bleed it in the same way as a motorbike disc by-

1) Remove the top cap from the resivoir

2) Attach a hose to the bleed valve on the caliper

3) Pump the lever about 5-10 times to build pressure, hold lever in and release the bleed valve about 1/4 of a turn.

4) This should make oil and air bubbles come out continue process till the fluid coming out has no air bubbles in it ( you have to keep an eye on the oil level in the resivoir top it up with what it recomends it usually says on the lever)

Trev

If you are uncertain about doing it yourself then it's usually good to get some one who know's how to do it for you.

Does anyone want to help me, i have a magura louise, and everytime i bleed it there is so much movment in the lever, you always have to pull the lever right back to make it work, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

are you blooding it with the correct blood kit?

if not they are very hard to bleed well.

Its not the corrct bleeding kit. Its the one i use for my maggies, which i thought would be ok, since it is basically the same brake.