Ram

FAT~DAN

hey ,

i am going to get some new ram and the stuff i want according to the crucial website has this suggeted for my computer (here)

will this do im nnot sure if its crucial but i dont reallt think it will matter too much and this place is local and i can get it now as well here

Thanks for any help

Dan

EDIT: also i was looking around and found this website overclockers was told bya a mate and on there is has 512mb blah blah 2100 but on the crucial website is suggests that i should get 2700 (Y) im a bit confused but have a look on there and you will know what i mean just sounds confusing

CHEERS GUYS

Edited by Brisa~Dan

Hi there

Any memory that is DDR 2700, unbuffered, NON-ECC will do according to the link you gave us to the crucial website. I recommend corsair memory, but there a bit more expensive, Crucial are slightly cheaper, just as good performance.

Crucial Memory

Ebuyer is a good site, i buy all my stuff from there (Y)

I see you have 512MB of RAM according to the crucial website. Do you really need any more memory? i would think that 512 would do, maybe a bit more if your doing some video editing.

CONFUSION NOW (Y)

i have just taken my computer apart to have a look because i was unsure and i have samsung 3200 256 ddr ram (Y)

so does this mean that i can use 3200 in my computer as i mite be able to get some cheap off of a mate soo...

any help useful please if not i will buy some 3200

Dan

PC3200 can run at PC2700 (Or any speed lower than it). So you could buy 3200, but there's no advantage as it will be running at 2700 in your system. However, PC3200 is rarely any more expensive than 2700 these days, so you might as well get 3200. It'll be useful if you upgrade, too (Y)