Speakers And Amp In My Clio.

wally

Hi, i have Renult Clio, the new shape one, 04 reg think its mk3. And i have bought a JBL GTO amp and 1000 watts JBL speaker to fit to my car.

BUT

I can't find a hole to run my wires through from the inside of the car to the battery. All the wires in clio all run down inside the panels, and the rest of the car seems to be very well sealed. Making it hard to pass wires through, to the interior of the car.

Has any got or seen anyone fit something similar in a clio, if so could you please tell me how to get or where to put my wiress through. Just hope it doesnt mean drilling holes. :o

Hopefully, thanks for your help, :-

Chris.

Edited by wally

I have had the head unit out and changed it, :- but for my amp i need a power supply from the battery, which means running these big fat wire into the front of the car, but they wont go. Behind the headunit is sealed off and doesnt lead to the battery. :o

MadManMike, I think the Clio headunit is sort of part of the bash, I don't have one so can really check but Wally if you can see if there is a way to get your headunit out..

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the reply...

Looks like drilling is the only way mate, or if you were a bit crazy, a seperate battery in the boot :o

Edited by MadManMike

I had a similar problem with my Corsa (current shape), until I removed the glovebox and found a small rubber gromet with a couple of cables passing from the interior to the engine bay. If you have a really good look you may be able to find something similar (sometimes they are the same colour as the body work with doesn't help). Failing that, as you seem to have found some wires passing between the cars panels, try feeding some thinish cable through (about the size of the stuff you get with most car speakers) and see where it pokes out. If it comes out somewhere handy, attach it to the end of the amp powercable and try to pull the lot back through.

It may work, it may not, but it certainly helped me when wiring my stereo up :o

OK, i will have another look when i get home. I did have another idea, and that was to run it of the cigarette lighter thing, as that is a 12v supply inside the car. :o It might work. But first i'll try looking in the glove box.

Have a look behind the glove box, there will most likely be a rubber grommet that has wires going through to the engine bay. If there is it's a good idea to put the wire through there.

If there's no grommet under there you may be able to drill a hole somewhere behind the glove box and fit a grommet to seal any water etc out.

Hope that helps. (Y)

We had a similar problem on my mates focus and ended up running up the engine bay and down the side of the hinge and into a grommet near the hinges of the passenger door :ermm: not the best option but it worked :- Just make sure you keep the wire well out the way of the hinges (Y)

right on the new clios, have a feel around in the passengers footwell, if theres a rubber gromet look in the engine bay to see if u can see and poke a bit of wire through it or have a look in the engine bay and up by the windscreen look to see if there are any wires going through.....if not you'll have to do what i did in my 306, drill a hole in the bulk head...out the way of any wiring looms.what ever you do, dont attach any amp wires to cars normal wiring eg cigerette lighter! apart from that without looking at it myself i cant help u any more

Bon