Biologists I Call Thee To My Aid

MrMonkey

Ok, need some help, have missed some lessons of Biology due to being ill. But being a good boy I still went to pick up my homework. I need to know what a Translation is in Biological terms of a cell. AND where it occurs in a cell. Also a sort of description of how it happens. So if I get asked something gay I know what to say. Also how does DNAs structure is related to it's function. Thank you all in advance (Y) <_<

This is probally completely wrong but hey

The translation process is the equally elegant mechanism that includes the adaptation amplifier and the distribution amplifier of the photoreceptor cell. It is this mechanism that stabilizes the amplitude of the signals passed to the signal processing neurons of the retina. To aid in this process, the distribution amplifier includes a mechanism for converting the current from the adaptation amplifier to a voltage at the pedicle of the photoreceptor cell.

Translation is a process of protein synthesis which occurs in the cytoplasm of the cell and is the transfer of genetic information from RNA into a protein. Basically ribosomes synthesis proteins using mRNA (produced during transcription).

Its 'kin hard, im doing it at the moment aswell and dont really fully understand it. Got a test on it tomorrow too (Y)

EDIT: ^ That post above is about the eye or something?

Edited by Nozmeister

Translation is a process of protein synthesis which occurs in the cytoplasm of the cell and is the transfer of genetic information from RNA into a protein. Basically ribosomes synthesis proteins using mRNA (produced during transcription).
That's exactly right. The tRNA/triplet codons are all joined up by the mRNA and ribosomes forming a protein. Hence the DNA is "translated" into a protein. And yeah, it's in the cytoplasm (Y)

EDIT: ^ That post above is about the eye or something?

Yeah, and very complicated. I guess he just searched google and posted the first thing that came up...