The Little Wheels Thread

Sameer

I have indeed, yeah. Interesting guy. Kind of reminds me of Eli Platt in a way, with the way he f**ked off the BMX 'dream' like that for something more (I also used to love watching Eli Platt stuff).

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to say - the whole time I saw him down at South Bank, all he did was smoke this pretty hefty cigar. Fun fact...

Eli was a beast, his shadow into the void section was amazing! I think he quit so he could get on with his degree whereas with Ian it was a complete lifestyle change, he went into farming full time

Yeah, I seem to remember Eli Platt wanted to become a teacher ultimately. It was something like that... Pretty admirable he took himself off the team though in that he felt he wouldn't justify the pro position as much as some of their younger riders coming through.

Yeah, I seem to remember Eli Platt wanted to become a teacher ultimately. It was something like that... Pretty admirable he took himself off the team though in that he felt he wouldn't justify the pro position as much as some of their younger riders coming through.

Yeah I guess it was a wise move on his behalf really, bmx careers don't last long at all unless you're one of the top guys. Even then, once your knees start to give up after 25 there'll be 10 other guys ready to take your place

That does seem to be changing though - for example there's Van Homan who's pushing 33-34 and is still doing massive stuff. Even Chase Hawk is 27. It seems like age is becoming less of an issue to an extent, which is kinda similar with trials in a way. When I started riding trials, anyone who was around 20 seemed really old to still be riding, but now there are guys who are 30+ who are still doing awesome stuff.

That does seem to be changing though - for example there's Van Homan who's pushing 33-34 and is still doing massive stuff. Even Chase Hawk is 27. It seems like age is becoming less of an issue to an extent, which is kinda similar with trials in a way. When I started riding trials, anyone who was around 20 seemed really old to still be riding, but now there are guys who are 30+ who are still doing awesome stuff.

That's true but the guys you mentioned came from a time before the web videos took over, they're the real pros in my eyes. There's a whole army of 3 pegged street pros nowadays who will probably be forgotten a couple of days after their last web video.

Oh and Van's section in the new fit dvd is supposed to be his best one yet, well looking forward to that!

Every time I watch an edit with Kriss in it I have to rewind it to work out what the hell he actually just did. By far my favorite BMX rider. Also had no idea he was Scottish,

presumed he was American for some reason. Thanks for sharing these, will be keeping an eye on the series.

• 2 weeks later...