What Car Do You Drive ?

SPOON

yer a W12 basicly two v6's you can also get W16's which is two v8's put together. I think the zonda uses a W18 or something. That 1000 horsepower car or what ever it is is going to be using one i think aswell.

lolz picture up when i see him i will be able to get more info off him aswell the car is a beaste.

guy

edit 8+8 doesnt = 18 it = 16  :">  (Y)"

The W12 was developed by the VW group to give a better use of space over a standard V12. It was loosely based on two of their VR6 engines placed side-by-side in a W configuration (hence the name). As far as I am aware they are the only manufacturers of the W12 and have no plans to attempt a W16 (which for clarification would be two V8s), though there is such a thing as a V16...

Seeing as the W16 doesn't exist, Zonda don't use one, they do however, use a AMG tuned V12 from Mercedes, and the Bugatti Veyron (I'm guessing that's the 1000bhp car you are on about) uses a quad turbo'd W12.

EDIT:

Actually it appears that VW did start developement of a W18 engine which features 3 banks of 6 cyliders in the W configuration, but they canned it due to firing sequence problems. I believe the Bugatti was going to have this engine, but was given the W12 when developement on the W18 stopped.

the light blue golf that was very quick has two engines in it a 2.8 and a 2.9 one at the front and one at the back and it does have two gear boxes linked together.

thats it the bugatti is the one with a W12 (Y)

sorry about the confusion about two V8's = W18 sorry :">

bugger kevin up a car for the roads.... why not make an offroad 4WD monster? well thats my plan anyway....

just got it a week back now.... gunna take off the side steps for more clearance + change the black rusty bull bar for a nice crome solid one to ram silly people! :D" Also thinking about a 3inch rise :) :blink: !?

1.6 engine too! so its not slow. Problem is i fooked the engine running it without oil, but i'm still using it anyway....

her she is...

gallery_3155_190_48538.jpg

These threads always seem to go down the "My car is more racey that yours (and so I'm more of a man than you)" route.

We've just got a new car which ticks all the boxes for the phase of life that we're at with our baby boy:

1. Space for loads of stuff for long journies

2. Comfortable cabin with lots of practical storage spaces

3. Good engine size for ease of driving but without getting too thirsty on petrol

4. Cheap to run (e.g. not a premium name so parts and services are cheaper)

864424640.jpg

^ Don't have a photo of the actual car, but it's the same as above, 1.6L 5 door Hyundai Matrix

We were going to get a Renault Scenic but the Matrix was much better value for money and had a much nicer interior (where you spend those long journies) although admittedly the exterior isn't as swish.

Steve

These threads always seem to go down the "My car is more racey that yours (and so I'm more of a man than you)" route.

Before, I would be able to agree with you, seeing as I used to drive a Mondeo estate. Not exactly sporty :blink:"

But now I am guilty of the same crime....

P50200601.JPG

Oh well, still only an 1098cc so its not going to win any drag races or anything...

Before, I would be able to agree with you, seeing as I used to drive a Mondeo estate. Not exactly sporty  :blink:"

But now I am guilty of the same crime....

P50200601.JPG

Oh well, still only an 1098cc so its not going to win any drag races or anything...

You have been hit by the mini bug, I caught it too. No matter how much shit it gives me I love it!

You have been hit by the mini bug, I caught it too. No matter how much shit it gives me I love it!

Hell yea!!!

Spent most days out there swearing at it, when nothing comes apart, but at the end of the day, I dont care!!!

They've got more character that almost any car on the road!