I want advice-Transitioning to Trials Riding

Akiragi

Hello everyone,

This is my first query after joining, I am relatively new to the trials scene and want some guidance. I've been riding mountain bikes for a few years and recently became interested in trials riding. Here are some questions below I mention  please check  this👉

1.  What should I look for in a trials bike? 
  2.  How did you improve your trials riding skills when you were starting out? 
  3.  What are some tips for tackling different types of obstacles? 
  4.  What protective gear do you recommend for trials riding?
  5.  There are any events, clubs, or online resources you suggest for a beginner like me?

Any your advice, tips and suggestion would be appreciated. 😊

Thank you in advance

Respectful Member

Akiragi

Hey there, here are my thoughts on this.

1. For a bike at first whatever you can get, if you are thinking you really want to get into this get a used trials bike, if you are just testing the waters you can play around on your mtb or any old hardtail. The specific bike will matter a lot less than the amount of time and effort you put into it (no matter what folks might tell/sell you).

2. Ride, then ride some more. Watch how to videos, video yourself and compare and ask people on here. But more than anything else ride.

3. Close your eyes and hit them. Seriously though try different speeds and using pedaling vs bunnyhops and different angles and all that.

4. Helmet for sure. Prob shin guards and gloves, but those are more of a personal thing.

5. If you are in the USA there is not much. What area are you in? There are a few local scenes and groups on facebook and such, but it is few and far between.

• Like 1