Post your garden / backyard riding zone

cwtrials

Hey guys, I recently decided to start building a trials area in the backyard.  I'm curious to see what your at home riding areas look like?  Would love some ideas.  I'm lucky enough to work in construction and can get a lot of materials out of the bin to help out.

Cheers from USA

• Like 2

Depends on the space you have. I have limited space so the only permanent thing I've got installed is a low concrete wall/ledge next to the hedge. The rest is all stuff I can move around and/or stack depending on how I want to practice. Here's a simple setup that was quite easy. A few days later completely re-arranged randomly with other bits and pieces such as concrete flower pot, concrete boulder, and balance beam, to practice without any easy lines.

Also check out James Nursaw trials on youtube, and Thoxson, as well as Jack Carthy if you're looking for extra challenge!

Pallets and wood I just collect free from various sources. Either that or left over material from occasional diy/garden projects. Only thing I buy are screws and galvanised nails and a roll of builders strap to keep it all together.

The downside is they get extremely slippery when wet, and the ground is just compacted dirt so I avoid riding when it's wet - trials is difficult enough! Considering some sort DIY anti-slip paint but never got around to doing that.

Edited by marg26
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I use 4×4's 1,2or3 in wide depending on purpose...some maybe 50cm piece diagonal in the ends to get hight...nice and stable...pallets works to..

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I actually was getting something pretty neat built up.  I still have my old trials show setup, so it gave me a good start. I have some huge logs and a bunch for 4"x6" beams from a job site that I haven't incorporated into it yet .

But unfortunately I recently had to switch homeowners insurance because of a dog breed issue. (I have a boxer, which I've never heard of being an issue).  And then my new company immediately cancelled after visiting the property, because my trials area is "debris in the yard".    I'm pretty sure they're just looking for any reason to cancel because I live in a kinda sh!tty part of town.  But I got to get this sorted and might need to collapse everything nice and neat for a bit. 

PXL_20240625_212658895.jpg

PXL_20240625_212708730.jpg

PXL_20240625_212703084.jpg

Edited by cwtrials
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...