Inspired Console Clips

ben_travis

I'm actually sic of all those nice landscape-meaningful music-footjam tailwip-slomo videos....

Yeah, this stands out amongst that current crop in the video section. I don't want to see tailwhips off old car roofs, I want to see stylish riding on the street, where street bikes are supposed to be ridden!

Thanks guys. i'll do my best to put together a decent video. Finding the time between injuries and work is a pain in the hoof just now, but I will try get something together sooner rather than later.

Do you ride on your own most of the time Ben?

Again, due to work schedules of the other riders round here then yea I have spent alot of time of late riding on my todd. i don't mind it so much, earphones in, GO!

When i am filming, I don't like too many people about as it can be distracting for the video / riding when I am trying to concentrate on landing something. I try never to repeat a line I have done before in a video, so like to have full concentration on the line.

Thanks again guys

When i am filming, I don't like too many people about as it can be distracting for the video / riding when I am trying to concentrate on landing something. I try never to repeat a line I have done before in a video, so like to have full concentration on the line.

Aye aw right Ryan Leech..

• Like 1

599 it is. But you still need chain tensioners and a headset which are included with the arcade frameset. So that takes the price up to 650 ish with a cheap headset.

And if you would like to use the parts of another Inspired (like me) you also have to buy a seatpost. Due to the different diameter. So much for being cheaper than the arcade...

It kind of depends on your setup though. If you're upgrading an existing framekit, for most trials frames you can re-use your existing headset which would save you a chunk of money. A 25.4mm Pivotal post is less than £10 on eBay, and you can use any generic chain tugs with that frame (which can be bought again for under £10). You can also re-use your hubs without needing to buy adaptors (which you would do to run the Arcade fork/axle setup, assuming you already have a Hope hub). If you re-use your headset, then you could get a Console up and running for under £20 or so on top of the framekit price, which is still quite a bit less than an Arcade would be (without possibly having to buy adaptors too).

Sure you can re-use the existing headset but my point is that the Arcade comes with one, and with some nice tensioners. Not some cheap ebay units.

I think 599 is a fair price compaired to the premium Arcade. But I think it should come with a headset for that price.

Great vid Ben! Looks like you like it.

The term "frame kit" has gradually consisted of less, the Skye was a frame fork headset hubs axles & probably other bits, Arcade was a frame fork headset & an axle, but the console is just a frame & fork.

I think the Arcade is definitely better value, if you're gonna pay so much money for a frame anyway, you might as well pay a few quid extra and get the one with the finishing touches.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2

The kits have "gradually consisted of less" because the bikes in question have "gradually consisted of less" very specific, harder to acquire parts for them to work. The Skye framekits required proprietary axles so they came with them. They also required fairly specific hubs (that weren't/aren't easily available off the shelf) for them to work. The Arcade required a proprietary front axle so they came with them. The Console doesn't require a specific axle/hub setup so it doesn't come with them.